3. Siara

Making Daksh sit in front of a mirror in the green room, I do his touch up while he keeps his eyes fixed at my face .

"I'm not a MUA , you're making me nervous " I chuckle but he doesn't look away . I have to put a finger on his chin to force him to look away . His carved jawline and smooth skin showcases him as a model cutout straight from a magazine . So many girls are gonna envy his girlfriend if they even hate me so much .
"After this you're gonna tell me your skincare routine" I laugh making him smile . His cheekbones lift which I dab with powder .

He doesn't answer my question but surprisingly reyansh walks in saying "His skincare routine is splash your face with the blood of--"

"DO NOT" Daksh declares . A rarely found threat in his tone as he looks over his shoulder at his cousin " SHUT.UP"

Reyansh tilts his head to the side and utters "uncle kavish is looking for you but I told him you're busy being the Romeo like always " and he leaves .

"What did he mean" I ask and Heer who is in a corner raises her shoulders "the day you come to know , just remember I was never a part of it"

What the hell?

"Do I need to tell you separately to keep your mouth shut HEER??"

"I'm out" she gets up "got a text from aunt Shru . She and uncle Shiv are both in the Principal's office" she struts outside leaving me alone with Daksh.

"Why do you keep shutting everyone up" I pout as he looks at his face carefully "because people talk shit and I'm protecting you"

"From?" I ask making him freeze halfway into brushing his hair .

"From" he looks directly into my eyes " everyone"

"I'll get dressed " I say with a smile leaving the room . I can believe heer only maffles nonsense and Reyansh is in his own world where all others are like ants under his expensive shoes but why do I keep getting a feeling that everyone is hiding something from me .

My eyes land at the group of our family members standing outside the auditorium. Are they all hiding something ? I see Daksh's dad uncle kavish , the charmer himself dressed in a black coloured suit jacket and white button down shirt . His wife , aunt kainaat dressed in a beautiful floor-length floral dress . She talks something in his ear to which he smiles and pulls her close . Everyone's parents are nice but my family is additionally strict of all . I have restrictions which they don't but I'm not complaining . I love them a lot . Aunt Kainaat's eyes land at my face and she waves her hand calling me close. I stroll towards them and she cups my face "where have you been ? Daksh didn't bring you home lately "

Uncle kavish looks at me with a smile "Stay away from him"

I laugh uttering "he's been busy and I was practicing for the play"

"Ohh He's never ever busy when it comes to you sia" she smiles towards her husband .

They wish me luck before I stroll to the changing room. I wonder how papa's gonna react to me doing the play with him but I'll explain everything later on to him .

At the stage, I get nervous and keep telling myself to calm down till it's me alone . Once he comes , I'll be all fine .
Entering the hall, reyansh struts forward and settles in the very first row next to uncle kiaan and His wife aunt isha---not aunt , his wife ishani .

Uncle kavish and Heer's family sits at front while Aunt kainaat and my parents in the second row . My heart is pouding againt my chest so bad when I look at papa.

"Aren't you Romeo and a Montague?" I say at his entry . I see girls already hating me for this but it's just a few moments otherwise he's not mine or anything like that.

"Neither" he utters " if me being any of it , makes you unhappy"

My papa clenches his jaw and eyes my mom with complete infuriation . She rubs his arm and claps happily along with aunt kainaat as the hall echoes with claps . Uncle kavish of all gets up clapping . He's the most supportive father. While uncle kiaan has left reyansh free , he has always backed Daksh . Even Reyansh has been a wall behind him because he's younger . Reyansh says something in his dad's ear to which he nods . His mom gives me a flying kiss . Even Heer's mom too while heer is recording on her phone . Just to post this on insta.

"How did you come here and why , tell me ? If you're found here by any of my family you would be killed , considering who you are . They will murder you" once again my eyes divert to my papa and I'm surely gonna forget some lines .

"Stone barriers cannot keep love out , love will dare to attempt whatever it can do ."

His dialogue delivery is much much better than mine because for a moment I believe it's real. He's Romeo and I'm juliet.

"Do you love me ?" I question moving forward "I know you'll say yes and I'll believe you but if you swear it , I worry that you might be lying . Ohh Romeo, tell me with good faith that you love me and I'll never refuse you for the whole world"

A bright smile conceals his beautiful features " my beloved , I swear by --"

"No don't swear , I can't give you commitment tonight"

"Are you gonna leave me "

"I already gave you my vow of love , if you want I'll give it again " I see my papa who gets up from his seat , my heart sinks to my stomach . Uncle kavish gets up too and stops my papa by telling him something. He exchanges seats with my mom and sits with papa .

" But being bound by my family's attitude toward the Montagues, I'm stuck using a hoarse whisper. Otherwise, I would make Romeo's name echo off the mountains"

He looks into my eyes making all of this seem so real , so real " I'll stay forever , having you forget forever , forgetting any other home but this"

Everyone gets up clapping except papa. I exit the stage and change my clothes as fast as I can.

"Your dad is waiting" Heer petrifies me as I exit the room. "In parking"

I rush to the parking lot to surprisingly find Reyansh's family, mine and kavish's parents too .

My eyes search for daksh before papa declares" this way" directing me towards his Rolls-Royce.

I nod but it's uncle kiaan who breaks the silence "it was just a play okay why are you so insecure "

"Insecurity my ass" papa curses under his breath "I loathe that boy , do you understand and I want him nowhere near MY daughter . I know what you all are . YOU" he points at reyansh " you " uncle kiaan " you " uncle kavish " and he" daksh comes walking towards his family.

"Point that finger towards my dad again and I'll stick it up your---"

"REY !!! " His mom gasps while uncle kiaan places a hand on his son's shoulder .

"See ?? " papa tells me while I look at the ground.

"Rabbit , Get in the car " daksh says and I do the same .

"Can you stop being so toxic for once , YOU'RE FRIGHTENING HER . " he growls making me flinch " she's a child for God's sake ."

"You'll tell me how to treat my daughter ?" Papa takes a step closer while my eyes pool with tears.

"A motherfucking mafia hooligan."

Aunt kainaat gasps while my mom angrily slams the car door behind her . Uncle kavish glares angrily while it's better if I don't talk about reyansh right now.

Daksh keeps his eyes fixed at papa before telling our driver to roll up the glass . He does the same blocking all voices from outside .

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□