21. Siara

I can't sleep a wink even for a minute the whole night . I get up from the bed and open my window when I hear someone screaming. My heart sinks to my stomach at how painful the cries sound . They are distant but still , I can feel the pain . I walk outside to my balcony but my gaze lands at Reyansh .

He seems so restless as he paces in his balcony .
"Rey" I call and his neck turns in my direction instantly. "You okay?"

He raises his shoulders "Yeah, why won't I be"

"You seem restless"

"And You seem extra caring Sia" he looks away "go inside , good girls like you sleep on time" . This is my chance to get answers out of Rey. I walk towards him and stop close to the boundary "can I ask you something"

"You can but the consequences will be on you"

Urgh ! Reyanshhh !!!!!

I want to scream but I put on a smile "weren't you with him when you both got--got kidnapped "

His gaze turns dark and his jaw clenches . A shiver runs down my spine as an urge to hide away hits me .

"Do.not.talk if you love your life" he steps away and I hear another painful cry . He rushes downstairs but I call "Hey reyansh "

He doesn't stop but I see him loading a pistol . What the hell is he up to ? I head downstairs but he's now nowhere to be seen.

I go back up and bang on Daksh's door . "Fuck off Reyansh" he grunts while I have no time to praise his sexy sleepy voice.

"Daksh " I utter but hear no response. The door clicks and opens . He looks at me while buttoning his shirt .

"Reyansh-- he - he went down there with a gun and---"

"And ??" He leans against the doorframe .

"And go stop him"

"Why will I stop him rabbit"

"Daksh" I step closer "I know it's not a big deal for you but we are at a wedding, aunt ishani will be devastated if he does something bad so stop him "

He takes a second to realize before he goes back inside . Picks a gun from the drawer and tells me" go sleep "

I nod and step out of his way and keep looking at his back untill he vanishes from the sight . At the morning breakfast , I find them both so I'm relived nothing serious has happened but I really do not trust Reyansh .

We later get inside the car for shopping with Aisha and her friend .

I remind myself to talk to dad after coming back . I really need to talk to him. When we are at our way . Stepping on the streets I get amazed by the wide range of items available.

"Wow" heer utters looking at the huge crowd . Anyone can kidnap anyone without others knowing here . Aisha holds Shivangi's hand while they follow Reyansh . After them I and Heer stroll followed by Daksh. He's clearly pissed as he presses himself to me just to stop from people brushing to my sides . All the way he keeps following me like a bodyguard. Earlier he did that too but back then it seemed casual and normal.

"Ohh I didn't know you're my age" I hear Heer tell Shivangi who laughs "do I look older ?"

"No it's the opposite actually"

"Really" she turns smiling towards Heer . I see those two are really gonna get along. I look away and Daksh whispers "I'd be jealous too"
"Shut up " I elbow him . We look at a lot of clothes , accessories and I even buy some which Daksh threatens me not to wear . Who cares ?

We reach back home and the first thing I do is ask dad about what aisha told me . I find him busy in a zoom meeting so waiting for him to get free is the last option . When he's free, I sit next to him .

"What's with the long face , I knew street shopping and all is not my sunshine . Take my card and --"

" no papa, I-- I want to ask you something "

He stops midway from scrolling on his laptop and looks into my eyes while shutting it down.

"Papa when daksh and Reyansh got kidnapped . What had--"

"I'm sorry sunshine, I can't tell you anything. "

My heart almost breaks "but papa "

"Sia ,It's his story and it's his life . If he wants you to know he can tell you but that day I had promised that kid and myself that I'm never gonna say "

"Papa " I sit straighter "should I know ?"

"I don't know sunshine , if you want to get involved with him you should know everything about him BUT that secret can never be treated as an excuse of his actions towards you or towards anyone . He lied and he did deceive you knowingly , intentionally"

I nod and hug him "I love you papa . I'll never do anything you don't like"

"I know sunshine. I completely trust you . I can even trust Daksh but not with you . As long as he stays away from you ,I'm fine with him "

"He'll-- I'll not let him come close , I p-promise Papa" my heart sinks to my stomach. I let him touch me last night . I always let him have his way .

Papa gets up and kisses my head "wherever you go , keep it in your mind Sunshine you and your mom are my pride , Shivay Raichand's Prestige. You won't taint it right "

"You're asking that papa " my voice breaks "don't you trust me?"

"I do ,I absolutely do Sia but your papa doesn't trust the world, he doesn't trust other people . Daksh is a part of our family BUT I don't trust him when it comes to you . He's a psychopath then . I've been obsessed with your mom, we all are at some point for people we love but what he does isn't normal. He isn't normal around you . You think I had no idea what he did at school ? What he does at college ? At a point sunshine he won't hesitate to kill me if ---"

" papa " my heart screams out and fear seeps into my veins .

"I don't mean to scare you but making sure that my daughter is safe and is aware of any danger lurking in the corner is my responsibility as a father "

"And you are indeed the best father on earth. You're next to God for me , you know that ?" A tear rolls down my cheek while a smile comes on my papa's handsome face as he sits on the table and hugs me .

"I trust you Sia don't break my trust"

"Stop saying that , you're making me feel like a shitty child "

He genuinely laughs while I control my tears so hard . I'm not getting involved with Daksh . I don't wanna know what he does and I absolutely don't want him around anymore . For that I'll find myself another guy . Nor the one he can easily kill by his lucifer's dark mind but one he'll never be able to find because the guy doesn't exist . He'll be my imagination and enough to madden Daksh till his obsession fades away . I walk out of the rooftop garden papa was sitting in and enter inside the Mansion but I freeze seeing Daksh leaning againt the wall , eavesdropping.

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□