7. Siara

After getting ready for the first day of college , I carefully examine myself in the mirror . I'm dressed in a white crop-top with denim jeans . My hair are tied in a ponytail like Noah from "Culpa Mia" .

My white sneakers and white backpack compliment each other as I stroll down the stairs . Texting Sofia, I get inside the car . She's the one whom I set up for daksh and she wants to meet him on a blind date today . Who cares ? If he's happy , I'm happy .

I get out of the car and the driver leaves as I walk inside the campus . The country's best college owned by my uncle , Heer's dad. Sofia smiles as I walk inside, towards her .

"Hey "

"Hey" I smile but she suddenly seems irritating. I don't know what's wrong with me.

"What's going on there " My eyes drift to a group of boys laughing at a tiny girl with specs.

"Some rituals that Reyansh Raghuvanshi started in the campus include bullying and ragging "

"Ohh" I utter as we stroll from the front of the crowd.

" morning Miss raichand" one of them utters but the other one gets up "you wanna be a dead meat ? I'm sorry miss , you can leave or stay if you wish to"

I ignore them and stroll inside with Sophia . When we enter the tower , it's main hall is full of students. A lot of them give me various different glares but then they look away . Some say " she stays with them "

Not them , only daksh is around me most of the times and I only know everything about him .

"Ohh that fucking Mask" I hear someone screaming from a room . Sofia's face turns pale .

"What colour " someone else screams .

"What colour" she asks someone running out of the hall . Students rush to run away or run behind something , I have no idea about.

"BLACK AGAIN" a guy screams on the top of his lungs .

"What's going on " I ask as she pulls me to a corner.

"The Mask Game" she states petrified .
"What's that ?" I ask and there comes a huge huge crowd of students following a boy whose face is red . He holds his bag tightly near his chest while students follow him passing nasty comments. Are they even humans ?

I step forward but she holds my hand "siara no"
"But they --"

"You'll then become the next target"

She holds my hand and takes me to the canteen . Everyone is now silent as if they are waiting for something to happen.

"What's all this about"

"The Mask Game had been initiated many Years back in the college . Nobody knows who they are and how many . All we've ever known is that they dictate everything and everywhere . There is no fair rule , no fair game and no fair warning . If anyone is found lying , cheating, double crossing , going against them ,breaking their rules, they get a mask hanging with their name written somewhere . The masks belong to each member of that group . This one , the black mask is most prominent among all "

I gasp , I haven't ever heard of anything like this at high school . Like never ever.

" the person then becomes everyone's prime target but nobody is allowed to touch him because he will be here himself "

"Be here himself? But who "

"The owner of the mask , he comes to take it from his prey and then you know what happens".

Oh my god , does uncle abhimanyu know about all this ?

"Not only inside the college, they control everyone's lives everywhere. From our social media to our public image. They can make or break anyone. They are hackers , dictators in short, Devils"

"That's scary" I utter getting up " but I need to study or papa will throw me out of the house ."

"Is daksh coming" she grins " yeap" I respond and walk straight to my class .

After attending the lectures , she takes me to the restraunt style cafeteria . As I enter inside Reyansh walks by me talking on his phone . My spine jerks straight as I see how he roams around followed by so many tall guys . The football team literally worships him while Daksh is more into basketball which reminds me , I next find him sitting on the table of basket ball team . He talks with the guys and the college mostly welcomes their senior champions to motivate and coach the new comers .

"Should I go" Sofia smiles looking at me and I nod ."Ofcourse "

I take a seat with some girls who keep asking about my papa and his political powers . My eyes drift to Daksh's table right where Sofia stops and says something to him . He nods and gets up . I keep seeing them both strolling outside . Throughout the lunch time I keep thinking what's going on there but soon Sofia comes back .

"What happened " I ask pulling her out of her own thoughts.

She looks at me and smiles "He said we can talk and spend time together to see how it goes . Also, he mentioned the fact that he never does dating but he'll give us a chance because you want him to"

I grin and shut the stupid ache in my heart. What the hell is my heart even thinking ? Like come on.

I attend the next class and walk to the locker room. I have a dance class for which I need to change but my phone dings with a notification.

Unknown : don't change here Sia.

I look around but there is nobody else . Slowly I look into the corridor but there are very few to no students in the hall.

Siara : what do you mean and who are you?

Unknown : maybe I'm a stalker or I'm a lover. I just advised you not to change outside . Go inside a shower stall if you wanna change because there is a cctv right outside the locker room. Maybe I'm seeing you through it right now . Maybe just maybe I'm a hacker too.

Shaking in my shoes I pick my bag when another text shows up.

Unknown: or you can continue to change . I'd love to see your body.

Siara : get lost .

I block the number and put my phone inside my pocket when the same text from three different numbers shows up on my lock screen that has me and mumma papa on the wallpaper.

Unknown: take left, you forgot the exit .

Realizing I turn around and walk to the left and get out of that building. The college is new to me. Everywhere are cctvs . I need to ask papa to get me a new number and I need to get to home first .

When I reach inside my bedroom, I sigh out of relief and shut the door when another text pops up .

Unknown : you look tempting when scared . I'm still near you Siara .You kept the bag on your study table and your hair tie is lying near the door baby, I can see it all .

I get up and shut my windows. Draw all the curtains and look around before another text shows up on my screen.

Unknown: too bad , it won't work. I'm right here . I'm always with you and I always will be . From now on , you'll do what I want like a cute little puppet of mine .

□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□