Chapter 3: the day i changed my style

The next day my mother and sisters were frantic about the wedding. My mother complained how we weren't getting married ourselves and Lyddia was complaining that she couldn't legally drink at this wedding. Gotta love being a Bennett.
  I was sitting on my bed reading a book when I heard a soft knock on the door
"Ellie" Jane said peeping in "I need your opinion on something"

I followed my sister into the room next to mine

"So, which dress, the blue or the red" Jane said holding them both up next to her

"Definitely the red. You're going to look so good Charles won't know what to do with himself"

"Shut up Ellie" she said throwing the blue dress at me. I caught it and tossed it on the bed

"So what are you going to wear?" She asked me

"The same old black dress I wear for everything duh" I said plopping on her bed

"Well...uh" Jane said sitting down at her vanity "I threw it away"

"What?!" I stood up and screamed. "That was my favorite dress. How could you Jane!"

"It wasn't my idea it was Lyddia's" she said turning around to face me

"I heard my name" Lyddia said barging in with Kitty behind her

"You threw my dress away?" I asked her

"It was ugly anyway" she said matter of factly and walked out

"Ellie it was time to, you're changing and that black dress, I swear you've had it since junior year of high school"

"Now what am I going to wear?" I said once again falling on the bed. Jane stood up excitedly
"It's not a ball don't worry, I think I have just the thing"

When we arrived at the wedding we took our place. Cousin Mary looked so good in her wedding gown and I could tell Mr. Knightley thought so too. After we went inside for the reception.

"Lottie" I said running up to my best friend
"Ellie you look so good" she said faux gasping
"Thanks" I replied. I was wearing a blue and white striped t-shirt dress with my white Converse. I ain't fancy by any stretch.

"So point out Charles to me" Lottie said quietly. We made our way over to the food table to get a better view, and get cupcakes of course.

"There, the brunette dancing with Jane" I squealed. I was so down with this ship. Although I couldn't decide if I liked 'Jarles' or 'Chane' better.

"He's cute" Lottie said, but not in her dang he's super hot kind of way.
And that's his sister talking to Mr. Knightley (Sr.)" I said

"Oh, she's pretty"

"Well I think you're more beautiful" I said putting my hand on Lottie's shoulder

"And who's the prick Darcy" Lottie asked

"The blonde next to Caroline"

"Now he's cute Ellie"

"And arrogant" I added

  After an hour or so, Jane and Charles had finally taken a break from dancing. Dad was talking to his brother and Mom was telling everyone how Charles and Jane were going to have an even bigger wedding than this one. Then I realized..where's Lyddia? Crap!

  Kitty wasn't with her so where was she. I walked to the other side of the room pushing through random people. Finally behind one of the balloon pillars I saw her making out with a stranger. I stormed behind the rubber pillar.

"Hey, hands off bud" I said pushing him away from Lyddia

"Ellie, what the crap?!" Exclaimed Lyddia

"Lyddia Bennett go back out there and find Dad or so help me I will tell him what you've done"

My little sister relented and walked out. She was so frustrating. Lyddia was always the pretty one. She had straight hair that was almost blonde. She was shorter than I was and always had winged eyeliner. For a senior in high school she had an extensive list of partners, if you know what I mean. Jane and I had dirt on her, however I was the only one who threatened her with it.
  Before I could walk back into the main area I saw Charles and Darcy
"You seem to be in an excellent mood" Darcy said with a straight face.
"Oh yes, isn't she gorgeous"Charles said. I blushed for my sister

"Come on Darcy, we are in a room full of beautiful women and I haven't seen you dance once"

"That's because you are dancing with the only pretty girl in the room, even if she smiles too much"

"Well" Charles said caressing his chin" how about her sister, Elizabeth-ellie? She's pretty too"

"To you maybe but I think she is barely tolerable and certainly not pretty enough to tempt me"

What a freaking son of a...

Hey y'all. Welp, here's Ellie and Darcy's first impressions. I know this was short but the wedding will continue. At this rate the story will take a bit so just get comfy. I'll try to upload whenever I can. Thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoyed! Comment any idea below! 💛💜💛💜💛

-eli

Ellie and Darcy, and other bad first impressionsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें