Chapter. 8 - Spark - The Badge and The Burden

Dedicated to Tardar Sauce, A.k.a. Grumpy Cat.

Remnant - Vale
Beacon Academy - Dormitory
Team RWBY Dorm Room
Light - 30
Ghost Pov

It's still in the middle of the night as I watch my Guardian work on his sword, providing light for him. But I wasn't paying attention as I'm in my own thoughts.

Aha! Yes! Im not gonna pretend that I didn't see what Weiss did yesterday. My Guardian has his own love triangle and he's oblivious to it! Hmm.. maybe I can get both Weiss and Blake to come to an agreement to share him. Maybe I can do with Blake. But I still have to remain hidden with Weiss. I need to plan this. I wish I could tease him about this but he would just get confused.

I was lost in my own thoughts that I didn't notice I was shaking with excitement.

My Guardian noticed this.
YN: "something wrong Ghost?"

Ghost: "oh nothing you need to worry about, how's that sword coming along?" I decided to change the subject.

YN: "hm.. well it's pretty much complete. Just deciding on the mods"

Ghost: "wonderful.. also, just like to add. You don't seem to care that you might get discovered by our new team that you are a Guardian and an Exo do you?"

YN: "no, not really. I mean, we've been getting Light readings from half the team by now. I don't really see a point in keeping my light a secret if they're going to become Guardians too. Still, doesn't mean I'm going to tell them right away" I was going to add something but someone started knocking on our door.

YN: "hmm? Who could be up this late?" My Guardian stood up and cautiously moved towards the door, Travelers Chosen drawn.

He opened the door and took aim at.. nothing. No one was on the other side of the door.

Pov Switch - YN-3

YN: "hmm.." I took a step out the door. I felt myself kick something at my feet. I looked down to see a small white box with a note attached to it.

I leaned down to pick them up. I read the label of the box. It just says 'SCROLL' on it. I walked back inside closing the door behind me.

I walked over to the desk with my sword on it. Ghost hovers over.

Ghost: "what's that?" I put the box on the desk keeping the note in my hand.

YN: "don't know" I began reading the note. With Ghost providing a light in the dark room, also reading.

"Dear YN-3
In the box is a scroll provided to you by the school. It can handle the basic necessities a scroll can provide. Calls, texts, Internet, and your Aura. You can ignore that part.
But that's not important, what is important is that ball you're holding.
Channel Void energy into the ball, once you've done that, take out your knife and channel Arc energy into it. There should be a slot in the ball. Insert the knife into the slot and let your instincts guide you.
Just be back before classes.

- Professor Ozpin, Headmaster of Beacon."

YN: "hm.. let your instincts guide you?"

Ghost: "I don't know what it means, but we should try it" Ghost materializes the ball on the desk.

YN: "channel Void energy into the ball.." I hold the ball in my hand. Concentrating.

The ball starts to glow purple.

YN: "now take my knife and channel Arc energy into it.." I take out my Knife and concentrate Arc energy into it.

It start to glow blue. Releasing small static charges off it.