Vol. 2 Chapter. 23 - Mountain Glenn

-----<>-----

Remnant - Vale
Mountain Glenn - Ruins
Pov - 3rd Person

The scene begins with Ruby looking at a beowolf through the scope of her rifle. it looks at her, then goes about what it what doing before. Ruby lowers the rifle and sighs.

Then it shows Yang, and YN lying in between Weiss and Blake. All seemingly sleeping while Oobleck sleeps on the floor above.

Yang opens her eyes.
Yang: "Blake? Are you awake?"

Blake still having her eyes closed says.
Blake: "yeah"

Yang: "why do you think he asked us about being a Huntress? Like.. what was he trying to say?" She turns to Blake.

Blake: "maybe he was just curious"

Yang: "ya think?" A pause.
Blake: "no" Yang lays back on her back.

Yang: "Weiss? YN? Are you both awake?" She asks.
YN: "I don't need sleep" he says a little annoyed as he's disturbed from his meditation.
Weiss: "of course I'm awake! You two are talking" she says in the same annoyed tone, causing Yang to recoil a bit.

Weiss: "and I think he.. when I said I wanted to honor my family's name. I meant it. But.. it's not what you think. I'm not stupid. I'm fully aware of what my father has done with the Schnee Dust Company. Since he took control, our business operated in a.. moral grey area"

Blake: "that's putting it lightly"

Weiss gets up to look at Blake who's on the other side of YN.
Weiss: "which is why I feel the need to make things right! If I had taken a job in Atlas, it wouldn't have changed anything. My father was not the start of my name, and I refuse to let him be the end of it" she lies back down.

Blake: "all my life, I fought for what was right. I had a partner.. named Adam. More of a mentor, actually. He always assured me that what we were doing would make the world a better place. But of course, his idea of a perfect future turned out to be.. not perfect for everyone. I joined the academy because I knew Huntsman and Huntresses were regarded as the most noble warriors in the world. Always fighting for good. But I never really thought past that. When I leave the academy.. what will I-? How can I undo so many years of hate?" She snuggles a bit closer to YN.

Yang: "I'm sure you'll figure it out.. your not one to back down from a challenge, Blake"

Blake: "but I am! I do it all the time! When you learned I was a Faunus, I didn't know what to do, so I ran. When I realized my oldest partner had become a monster, I ran! Even my.. semblance. I was born with the ability to leave behind a shadow of myself, an empty copy that takes the hit while I run away" YN looks worriedly at Blake.

Yang: "at least you two have something that drives you" she turns so she's lying on her front side. "I've just kinda always gone with the flow, you know? And that's fine, I mean, that's who I am. But how long can I do that for? I wanna be a Huntress.. not really because I wanna be a hero. But because I want the adventure. I want a life where I won't know what tomorrow will bring. And that'll be a good thing. Being a Huntress just happens to line up with that" she scene shifts so Ruby is in view. "I'm not like Ruby or Autumn, they've always wanted to be Huntsman and Huntresses. It's like Ruby said,  ever since she was a kid, she dreamt about being the heros in the books. Helping people and saving the day and never asking for anything in return. Even when she couldn't fight, she knew that's what she wanted to do. That's why she trained so hard to get where she is today" Weiss sits up again.

Weiss: "well, she's still just a kid" Blake gets up too.
Blake: "she's only two years younger. We're all kids" YN still on the bedroll says.
YN: "she's right, even though I may not look like it, I am too"