Vol. 2 Chapter. 24 - No Brakes

Remember to check out the new Survival Scenario on my profile after you're done reading this chapter.
I'm pretty proud with how it turned out.

-----<>-----

Mountain Glenn - Undercity
Light - 87

Ruby is shown getting tossed to the ground next to an unconscious YN. Roman Torchwick is shown walking up to them, laughing.
Roman: "wow, you are much more manageable without that oversized gardening tool of yours" Ruby gets up and charges at him, who just steps out of the way. "Oh, man. Ya know, Perry, I really did need this" Perry gives him a thumbs up.

Roman laughs, ending with a sigh. "But seriously.. how'd you find this place, Red?" He puts his cane to her neck. Ruby growls, then bursts into rose petals. She manages to somehow start dragging YN as she flees.
"Huh? Woah!" Roman turns his cane around, so the end of the cane is pointing at him. The other end gets launched from the cane, acting as a hook. It hooks onto Ruby's cloak, causing her to drop YN as she gets dragged back. "I see you've got some tricks up your sleeve. Let me make this clear" Ruby gets dragged to his feet. "We're not through here yet"

An explosion is heard. He looks in the direction, YN's unconscious body is also gone. Roman: "Oh, what the-? Where did he-?" Roman turns around. "Perry, if you and the boys could take care of that and find that robed guy? Kind of in the middle of something here"

Another explosion is heard.
Roman: "what is going on here?!" Another explosion occurs as grunts are seen running.
Grunt: "run!" One of them shouts as another shoots back.

Then a voice is heard from above.
???: "Hey stupid! Up here!" They look up, to see YN with a sword made of fire in his hands, staying in the air with the help of his wings of fire.

He crashes down next to the grunts, delivering a hard kick to one and slashing at another, bringing his aura down to nothing.

Ruby looks back at where the explosion happened, to see Oobleck, Zwei, Ghost and the team running/floating towards her. Ruby jumps on a distracted Romans head, which he just grabs her and tosses her to the floor.

Ruby runs off, with YN who's flying next to her.
Ruby: "man! I wish I was a Warlock just so I can have those wings!" She excitedly says to YN.
YN: "Hunter's aren't that bad either, you can go invisible which is pretty cool too" he says hovering a few inches off the ground.

Back to Roman.
Roman: "somebody kill them!" He aims his cane at them and fires. The ones that YN didn't attack or aren't on the ground start supporting Roman with gunfire.

YN and Ruby dodge the shots. Ruby stepping left and right while YN spins and twirls.

Roman angrily bends his cane. Roman: "attach this car, and spread the word. We're starting the train"
Grunt: "but we're not finished" Roman points his cane at the grunts neck.
Roman: "do it, or you're finished!" He orders. He pulls away his cane as the grunt starts coughing afterwords.

Ruby is looking back, she looks forward again to see more of the grunts in front of her, she stops and shields herself with her arms, while YN goes in front of Ruby and blocks with the Dawnblade, creating a shield of fire to protect Ruby.

They all suddenly get shot with something explosive.
Yang: "Ruby!" She stretches her hands out for a hug which Ruby accepts and gets spun around by Yang.
YN walks up to them, his aura of flames dissipating. Getting hugged by two pairs of arms. Which they release after about a second. Ghost hovers over and dematerializes back into him.