Vol. 2 Chapter. 26 - Power Surge

-----<>-----

Emerald Forest - Dark

A white rock is shown, emitting a faint glow in the twisted forest it resides in.
A black robed Warlock suddenly comes into frame, falling onto his back, which he rolls out of the way of a rapier striking the ground where he just was.

He gets up and readies his replenished sword.
YN: "Woah, almost got me there" he says to Weiss, the Bond on her upper left arm glowing in the dark.
She spins the cylinder on her rapier and stabs the ground, the summoned ice races towards him.

He dodges the ice, looking back towards Weiss and creating a shield of flames with a guard of his sword, blocking a flurry of stabs.

The rest of RWBY sit on some rocks, watching the fight.
Ruby is playing with a summoned Hunter's knife made out of fire. Tossing it in her hands, not burning her.
Blake's Cloak flowing slightly in the gentle wind. She holds a Void arrow in her hands, an eerie cold touching her skin as she holds the arrow in her hand. Spinning the arrow, alternating between clockwise and counter-clockwise.
And Yang is tossing a ball of Arc Light in her arc charged hands. While her Mark hangs off the side of the rock she's sitting on.

Back to the fight, YN and Weiss blade locked, YN breaks out of it and spin kicks the side of her head. She stumbles a bit, then puts a hand there.
YN: "sorry, but your enemies won't feel the same" he warns. Then grips his sword tighter.
Weiss charges forward with her rapier.

YN charges forward too. Then he notices Weiss's hands starting to glow orange. She's readying her Dawnblade. YN responds with charging his too.

They clash in a sword fight again. Then the sound of steel clashing is heard along with a roaring fire, R-BY leans forward. YN and Weiss are shown with their Dawnblades in their hands. They both charge at each other, their new wings launching them forward.

Then they clash in another sword battle, with more sparks and flames roaring. YN shoulder charges Weiss, she stumbles and retaliates with a strike of her sword, it lands as it completely shatters his shields. He stumbles from the power of it. Weiss sweeps his legs, he falls into his back as the flames surrounding him dissipate.

He's about to get up when a sword is pointed at his throat. He looks up to see Weiss with a confident smirk. Holding the Dawnblade as she points it at him.

Pov Switch - YN-3

YN: "you'll make a great Guardian in no time" I say as she dissipates the flames, the Dawnblade being replaced by her rapier, which she pulls away and offers me a hand, he smirk being replaced by a smile.
I gladly accept, she pulls me up from the ground and pulls me into a kiss. I get surprised for a moment before sinking into it. Still a little sad that I can't do it back.

She pulls back, giving me a smile.
Blake comes over and gives me a kiss also. My mouth glows pink.
YN: "alright, who's next?" I ask everyone besides Weiss, who went over to a rock to rest on.
Yang: "I'll go" she gives me a confident look.
YN: "alright, step up-" I'm about to draw my sword when the rock suddenly starts glowing.

Weiss: "uh.. what's happening?" She asks, standing up.
YN: "I don't know" I go over to the rock.
Ruby: "what are you doing?" She asks.
I don't answer, I just stand near it.
Blake: "YN?"
The rock glows even brighter, before exploding into a bright light.

I shield my eyes with my arms. Then lower it. I look at the rock to see that it's glowing faintly again.
YN: "huh.. strange" I look behind me, to see my Team completely still.
YN: "hello?" I wave a hand in front of Blake's face, then Weiss. They don't respond. It's like they've been frozen in time.
YN: "hmm.." I hear a sound coming from the rock.