-Lee Felix and his Calm-

Felix chews at his nails as he presses the phone to his ear, glancing around at the bustling college courtyard, sitting on the fountain wall. He tries to scoot away from the other students sitting close to him, turning away as he stares at the concrete.

He almost jumps when a familiar "hello?" sounds from the other side of the call, Felix smiling.

"Rachel! I- I- Uh- what happened to Pa? You guys got the money, right?" He questioned, almost rushing through the sentence in one breath.

"He's fine, the surgery went through, he just needs to rest."

"But he's fine, right?"

"Yeah, Yeah," Rachel stutters on her breaths, hiccupping. "Jesus Christ- Thank you so much Felix- Thank you- Thank-"

Felix gasps, clutching at the front of his sweater, leaning forward. He sucks in a breath, feeling tears well up in the corner of his eyes. Even though he kept his eyes screwed shut, his lips pressed together in a tight line, he couldn't help the sob escape from his lungs because goddamn, he felt like he mattered to his family again, and he needed to be strong for them, be strong for his sisters, his father- even his mother.

He realized how painful it was to lose one parent, could only imagine losing two. And maybe this is what his mother had been hiding from him, the pain of losing someone so close, that it's easier to be angry at them that experience the guilt and the tears and the never-ending chain of memories. A chain that Felix didn't understand how to escape from.

"Felix you should visit us soon," Rachel gasped. "You can see pa! You can see Olivia- You can see Ma- I'm sure he wants to see you after all this time."

"Yeah, sis, I wanna see him too," Felix smiles, nodding when someone close to him arches an eyebrow. He laughs, shaking his head in reassurance and wipes at his tears. "I kinda want you three to meet a special someone of mine as well..."

"Ooh! What's her name?"

"Seo Changbin."

"Seo- Changbin...?" Rachel choked. "The short guy from your Instagram?!"

Felix, breathless, and with a tight chest, tilts his head to rest on his shoulder. A soft smile and a hum later, he laughs again. "Yeah, just don't tell him that though."

---

For a week or two, Felix experienced Heaven. He was happy, even though he worked two jobs. He was content coming home to Changbin sitting on the couch playing video games, Felix probably passing out on his lap. And Changbin didn't complain, he would just hum and sigh and pick up the controller and continue his video game. Content to wash the dishes after dinner every day. Content with how his friends teased and mocked them whenever the couple would do something remotely cute.

His seven other friends still hung out with him, and maybe all nine of them seemed to grow closer.

And as they all gathered to bid a temporary goodbye to Felix before he boards his flight to Australia, Felix felt like he's found a second family. A family away from home. A home with an Australian Mom that never seemed to go out except to work, an overprotective dad, two older brothers that never stop bickering, another that's married to the squirrel of a brother, his boyfriend, and two younger brothers that seem to get whatever they want, one through blackmail and another through sarcasm and threats. Even so, he loved them all.

"How long are you staying?" Jeongin whines, a deep frown on his face as he clings to the Australian, dragging his luggage back.

"Just a week, I mean- I'll be here before Christmas."

"You better!" Jeongin points a threatening finger to Felix, glaring and making Felix nervously laugh, jumping when Jisung jumped onto him.

"Yah! Yongbok-ah! My son- Ah! I'm going to-"

"Get off!" Felix elbows him, laughing as Jisung scrunches his face in mock hurt, crying.

"Well, see ya mate," Chan pats his back, laughing as Felix gives Hyunjin, Seungmin, and Minho a hug. "You'll get me something right?"

"Of course!" Felix smiles at him, filled with teeth and nodding to him. "But you're from Australia-"

"Well, I don't think I'll go back anytime soon anyway," Chan leans closer to Felix his voice dropping to a whisper. "Yo, you'll be okay, right? You sure you don't want me to go with you?"

"Chris, this ain't Europe, it's home. I won't get eaten or anything!"

"I- I don't know- I mean, if Changbin was going with you, I would've been fine with it," Chan huffs, glancing over to the said man ways away, standing by near a booth. He paced back and forth, fingers tapping on the screen. Felix almost forgot Changbin was with them, always staying away with a phone between his hands, typing away, eyes darting from one side of the screen to another. "But- you know- being a college student and half-producer- can't really get any breaks." Chan wraps an arm around his neck, patting his chest. "Well, you gotta say bye to your prince charming. I mean, I know you'll whine to me for not seeing him for a whole ass week- miss his dick too-"

"Chris!" Felix's face burned a bright red as he slaps his arm, the older Australian cackling.

"Just go to your man," Chan pushes him towards Changbin, the younger looking back to Chan smiling and giving him a thumbs up. Clutching his sleeve, Felix greets Changbin with a crooked smile, Changbin's eyes widening and eyebrows raising. He clutches at his phone, clearing his throat as he shoves the device into his pocket.

Felix wraps his arms around Changbin's middle, leaning over to rest his head on his shoulder.

It felt kind of awkward, even if they've been dating for a few weeks now. Maybe it was because of how distant the older felt for the whole day.

"You sure you don't wanna come with me, Binnie?" Felix pouts as Changbin hesitantly returns the embrace.

"Unlike you I don't have a Johnny as a boss," Changbin frowns, Felix bubbling.

"I'll call you before I go to sleep," Felix smiles, leaning away to press a sweet kiss to Changbin's lips. "I'll miss you Jingjingie."

Changbin's lips quirked into a small smile, placing a kiss to Felix's forehead as he goes on his tippy toes. "See you in a week."

---

A quick chapter for you guys before the- y'know. Felix is just tying up some loose ends with his family before the >:)))

-Ly <3