Chapter 1

Hecate had always known she was strange. She had always known there was something different about herself, that she just wasn't a normal vampire. Her eyes weren't gold, or bronze and instead glowed with an almost amber color.

She was brought to Willow Creek University by her new guardian, a woman by the name of Nyx, whom, alongside her wife ended up guiding her to a much better path than the one she had been found on. She quickly learned how to fit in, how to get along with people even if it was never easy to do so. And between Nyx and Devin, and her new brothers and sisters, she finally had a family who would take care of her the way she always wanted to be.

She loved her inhumanity. Cherished it in the best of ways. She didn't exploit it for selfish gain, but enjoyed how her new family were all different in a lot of ways. She did however, enjoy running and playing sports. Whenever she was frustrated she would throw herself at the track or the soccer field if she could, and if not she would enjoy video games.

She shared a dorm room with her sister Reza, but thankfully, due to her "friend" being removed forcefully from campus, didn't have to deal with her. She really didn't understand how someone so kind hearted like Reza could share the same air as someone as forceful and violent as the Devil and Former Head of the Circle of Wrath, Melisande.

At the same time, Hecate was able to quickly make friends with other members of her soccer team like Vanessa Levine, who also happened to be on the student council, and introduced her to a few more friends whom were happy to have her.

She expected campus life to be filled with her trying desperately to fit into a group, yet she ended up finding groups that effortlessly accepted her for whatever she wanted to be. Between her new parents, new siblings, and new friends, she was finally enjoying the life she had been given.

Hecate stretched over her sister's lap as the two of them watched television together. Reza was absentmindedly playing with her own hair while occasionally checking through her phone while trying to pay attention to the show.

Hecate groaned before glaring up at her. "Is it your girlfriend again?"

"Mel is not my girlfriend." Reza grumbled.

"So it is Mel though?"

"Yes. She's pissed that they're letting a Succubus flaunt her connection to King Arthur but they won't let her back on campus." Reza sighed.

"Didn't Mel beat the shit out of a bunch of people, attack Desdemona, and try and kill your mom even after she gave her back her magic to break your contract so she didn't have to use your body anymore?"

"I didn't say I was agreeing with her. I was reminding her of these very details." Reza sighed. "She's probably just pissed because Arthur is the one who carved off her wings with Excalibur, which is how she lost her magic in the first place. Since Sylvia is his daughter, she thinks my mom would have given her the blade."

"Didn't she?"

"Oh yeah. Of course. Mom never wanted to keep Excalibur to use. She only wanted it so no one evil could ever use it. It's Sylvia's birthright, and since she hated the idea so much mom thought no one deserved it more."

"I really don't understand how Nyx thinks things through." Hecate sighed. "So what are you going to do about Mel?"

"I'm going to tell her to calm the fuck down and warn Nyx and Desdemona to keep an eye out in case she tries to get back on campus."

Hecate chuckled. "How do you deal with her?"

"When it's us she's a completely different human being, but after being separated from her she's rarely ever that person anymore. It's like... loosing her powers made her empathize with people, and now that she doesn't have to she doesn't care." Reza growled. "She was never like this, but it's like this whole school was designed just to piss her off."