Chapter 10

Hecate got a text message later in the day, saying that Calypso was going to be staying late at the pool to try and work on her speed a bit more. She welcomed her to come and join her as her team mates were already leaving.

Hecate told her that she wasn't going to be swimming, but that she wouldn't mind stopping by for a bit.

When Hecate got to the pool building, she found Calypso swimming laps in the pool. She couldn't help but watch in shock, as the girl was really fast. She knew she could have swam faster in her true form, but for a human body it was really good. It wasn't Michael Phelps fast, but it could be if she kept working on it.

Calypso finished her final lap, and rested her upper body on the side of the pool as she tried catching her breath. Hecate found herself clapping as she made her way over with a smile.

"Damn, that was impressive."

"I'm very competitive." Calypso answered between breathes. She pulled herself out of the pool where she lay on the stone floor, her chest heaving with every breath.

"I play on the soccer team with Vanessa and Lyall. I live by competition." Hecate laughed, couching down beside the mermaid who smiled.

"That's true. I've seen some of the highlights from those games. I guess the three of you are the star players of your team huh?"

"I guess so. Vanessa calls us the Three Musketeers. Lyall says we're the Crown Jewels. It's weird having an Irish vampire and a English Werewolf on the team." She chuckled. "Between the two of them sometimes you can't understand a word."

Calypso chuckled. "One of those videos I've seen was just Vanessa ranting off about winning, but I really have no idea what she actually said. It was just all Irish slang. I think the only word I heard was 'Gobshite'."

"That's Vanessa." Hecate laughed before sitting, crossing her legs under her. "So you did some research on my team?"

"Don't flatter yourself. Willow Creek is famous for more reasons than just the soccer team, but yes. Their soccer team tends to have a lot of fans when they play so hard. If Vanessa didn't eat shit on the field as much as she scored goals I think everyone would think she was cheating."

Hecate laughed. "She tries way too hard, but she's always fucking smiling."

"It balances out your seriousness to be fair though." Calypso answered. "I saw you dribble between like six people then score a goal and the entire time- even after -you were glaring."

"The angrier I look the less people want to get between me and the goal."

"I suppose it's true, after all you make it look easy."

"You'll have to come see our games. Then you'd see that we fuck up just like everyone else."

"Are you asking me to go to your games?"

Hecate shrugged. "Why not? As long as I can go to your swim meets, I don't mind if you come to my games."

"Sure. You can come to my meets." Calypso smiled. "I'll allow it."

"You'll allow it?"

"I'll allow it." Calypso repeated, raising a playful eyebrow.

Hecate shook her head. "So your back isn't bothering you anymore?"

"It was a little itchy, but I've been in the pool for a while so it's been feeling better." Calypso answered.

"It doesn't need like, another coat of lotion or anything does it?"

"It shouldn't." Calypso answered. "Why, want to feel me up again?"

"If you had boobs on your back you should have told me. I would have been a bit more rough with you." Hecate answered, her smirk never faltering.