Chapter 22

Hecate sat on the couch with her head in her hands, running her mind through the vision she had caught glimpses of while Calypso watched nervously. The mermaid wished she could do more, but didn't know what else to do besides singing.

A few moments past before Calypso got a call from Reza saying she was on the floor. She made her way to the door and waved Reza and Desdemona over getting them to quickly rush past and into the room towards their sister.

"Katy, are you okay?" Reza called sliding across the floor to be kneeling in front of her. "What happened? Are you sick?" Desdemona stood behind Reza but a few steps back like she didn't think she had the right to be as involved. Both were back in their usual clothing rather than their armor.

"I'm okay now. It just came out of no where." Hecate assured her as she gently pushed Reza away to prevent her from being to overbearing. "I had a... I think it was a broken vision. Or broken pieces of someone else's vision."

"Someone else's?" Desdemona questioned, tilting her head curiously.

"I saw you fighting. In hell." Hecate answered as she looked up at her twin. "I saw you summon the same power you did today, but it was hell, and I was watching... But... that shouldn't have been possible right? I wasn't... I wasn't awake to see you fighting... Right?"

Reza looked over her shoulder at Desdemona curiously getting the devil to shrug in confusion before they both looked back at Hecate. "You would have been within my pocket dimension and completely asleep." Desdemona explained. "There would be no way you could have any memories between us being children and being awoken in the coven."

"Then who saw you fighting like that?" Hecate asked.

"I did." Reza noted as she placed her hands on Hecate's knees. "When I was Melisande's body I saw Desdemona fighting in arenas and even dueled her myself."

"Is it normal for vampires to see the memories of other people like that?" Calypso asked. "I know you guys can read minds, but that didn't seem like it was intentional. You looked like you were in pain Hecate."

"I was." Hecate agreed. "It was like the memories forced their way through and into my head."

Desdemona seemed deep in thought but Calypso continued. "Vanessa said it could be a Pureblood power?"

"True." Reza agreed. "I wish we knew who turned you..."

"It was Rose." Desdemona confessed.

"What?" Reza turned her head over her shoulder to look at the devil. "Rose refused to turn anyone after the father of her children went mad. Plus, her eyes are amber, not silver."

"So it's more likely she has a completely unique eye color completely unheard of in a vampire than a spell glamouring her eyes?" Desdemona questioned.

"I would be able to tell if there was a glamour on her eyes." Reza scoffed.

"Plus, if there was a glamour there wouldn't it not change when she looked at me?" Calypso asked.

"Angel's light neutralizes all forms of magic. The fact her eyes turn white doesn't change the fact that there's a glamour. If you don't believe me then dispel the magic around her eyes. If it's untrue then there will be no change. If it is true, then her eyes will turn silver."

Reza looked towards Hecate who blinked back at her curiously, still rubbing at her temples. "Can... Should I?"

"Can you put the glamour back if you remove it?" Calypso asked.

"Why would we put it back?" Reza asked, looking back to Calypso.

"Because as far as we know, there are a very limited number of Nightshade vampires. Her having silver eyes would put an even bigger target on her back." Calypso explained. "If we're trying to make sure devils and angels don't pay her any mind, then her having silver eyes is going to do the exact opposite."