Chapter 6

Hecate found herself walking with Vanessa from their soccer game, with the latter happily celebrating their victory.

"Those idiots didn't know what was comin' to 'em! We creamed them into dust!" Vanessa pumped her fists into the air.

Hecate chuckled at her friend, her hands buried in her pockets. They had both changed into their track suits, needing to remove their uniforms because they were covered in dirt and sweat. Their blue and gold track suits showed off the school colors as they exited the locker rooms. They were one of the last few out, having stayed to celebrate a bit with a few of the other members of their team.

"Second game of the season and we already killed it!" Vanessa grinned, hopping up and down.

"You didn't do so bad today." Hecate assured her.

"I scored four goals!"

"So did I." Hecate retorted.

"But they scored a lot too. We only won by a couple points!" Vanessa grinned. "I'm still not used to these seals. I always feel like I should be faster but I never am."

Hecate chuckled before pausing, seeing a group of girls making their way towards them still wearing the other team's colors. She knew right away things wouldn't end well because they were glaring at them.

"You said seals!?" One of them asked as she pointed a finger at Vanessa.

"The demons wear seals to put them on an even playing field. We wouldn't want to be unfair-" Vanessa was cut off when the woman continued.

"But that's exactly what's happening. They let demons play on your teams which means that you're already cheating just by being on the team!" Said another.

"Maybe we shouldn't do this-" Another started.

"No! It's not fair that they let inhuman monsters play these games. They have an advantage that is totally not fair."

"I'm sealed." Vanessa answered, holding up a finger to show of the purple ring. "I'm no different from you right now, and that's exactly how it was on the field. There was no advantage."

"That's just what you're telling us! I bet you just say that to try and get us to think we're all equals, but in reality you guys are cheating!" The first one said.

"What's going on here?" Called another voice.

Hecate thought it was the coach for a moment, but it turned out to be Lyall's girlfriend Glenda who stepped towards them.

"Are you one of those demons too?" Said one of the girls.

Glenda shrugged. "If you want to get technical. I'm not human, but I'm not a demon."

"You either are or you aren't! Either way, don't defend these cheating-"

Glenda chuckled, crossing her arms over her chest. "You think their cheating? Vanessa and Hecate are sealed. No different than you."

"So you keep saying, but-"

"Look you thick, langer, not all of us 'demons' asked to be turned into such. Maybe if you could pull your fuckin' head out of your arse people would actually enjoy your company you fuckin' wagon." Vanessa growled.

"What the fuck did she just say?" One of the girls asked.

"Was that even English?"

"I'm sorry your brain's too tiny for my words to process you mongaloid, but the least you could do is understand fuckin' English when you 'ear it. I'm Irish not a fuckin' alien."

"Don't talk to me-"

"Don't act like I give a rat's arse about your petty bitch insults. You're less intimidating than a fuckin' hooker. At least with one of them I might catch somethin'. You, I'd be more worried about you possibly breakin' a nail."