Chapter 14

Akeno followed Calypso and Hecate into Calypso's room in genuine surprise as she looked around. She smiled softly as Calypso moved towards the trap door. "So, I need to prepare to be forced back into my true form, right?"

"That's correct. The moment my magic takes effect it's going to feel as though you can't breathe. Change back into your true form and submerge then breathe through your gills and you should be fine. Just wait it out like any illness." Akeno explained. "I can stay if you like, but I assume you would not like me to witness your form."

Calypso took a deep breathe before turning back to Akeno. "Could you stay just for a few minutes? Just to make sure I don't drown?"

"I can do that for you."

"Do you want me to leave?" Hecate asked.

Calypso's face grew a few shades of pink. "No. I'm going to need your help I'm sure. Since I won't be able to get out of the water to get food or anything... and I don't want to be alone."

"I'll have to go get a moonstone ring though." Hecate noted, scratching the back of her neck. "Unless you'd like to get electrocuted."

"Thankfully I do channel electricity pretty well." Calypso smiled nervously.

Akeno rolled her eyes. "Young love." she noted before offering Hecate a ring. "Here. Vanessa left this one in the grove the other day. Perhaps you could return it to her?"

"Why do you have this on you?" Hecate asked, taking the ring.

"I didn't. It was in my grove. I can reach into my pocket dimension at will. If I wanted to I could pluck my children from it as well."

"Please don't." Calypso narrowed her eyes.

"They do not seem to enjoy the sensation." Akeno grinned before kneeling in front of the trap door as Calypso opened it.

Hecate turned around to avert her eye as Calypso began fully undressing everything other than her bra and underwear. She then descended into the water leaving her upper body out. "So... What do I have to do?"

Akeno motioned for her to come a bit closer to her and when she did the Goddess reached over and placed her hand under the mermaid's chin. "Are you ready?"

"Does it hurt?"

"Like I said, you're going to feel like you're suffocating for a moment. But it will pass the moment you breathe through your gills." Akeno explained.

Calypso nodded a bit as Hecate made her way over, very obviously not looking at Calypso's body. Instead, Calypso's eyes moved to watch Hecate who smiled nervously over Akeno's shoulder.

Akeno took a deep breathe herself and closed her eyes. A moment later Calypso went stiff, her mouth opening and closing as her eyes widened. Akeno moved her hand from under Calypso's chin, to the top of her head before pushing her underwater. The action, under normal circumstances would have appeared as though Akeno was attempting to drown her.

Instead, Calypso's skin changed from her fair tan to green and blue. The turquoise color mixed with the dark blue actually stood out compared to the bright reds and yellows of the coral under the water. Her hands appeared humanoid, though they were once again webbed with her claws. She wrapped her hands around her neck for a moment, her mouth opening and closing again before she released her neck and Hecate watched the gills on her neck and ribs open and close. Large air bubbles escaped her mouth before she seemed to relax.

For the first time Hecate was able to see Calypso's lower body, and was a little shocked to see it. At first her legs appeared digitigrade like a dog walking on it's toes rather than the flat of it's foot. However they were obviously scaly and clawed, with rows of fins moving from the tip of the foot to about where the ankle would be with much darker green scales on the inside of her legs all the way down to the foot. She also realized that Calypso had a long, flat tail with large fins on either side that extended past her legs easily, ending in a large flat fish tail. As the mermaid calmed she moved her legs together and her tail pressed against the back of her legs where the fins seemed to almost fold against her legs, creating the illusion of a single tail rather than legs. The mermaid then flipped backwards before returning to the surface, keeping her torso under the water but letting her head surface with her frills standing at attention for a moment before folding backwards, almost like they were trying to hide.