Chapter 3

Hecate's eyes opened, finding herself in her own bed staring at her own ceiling. She sat up quickly, trying to piece together what happened the previous night.

She remembered meeting Calypso, and talking to her about very personal things she probably shouldn't have discussed with someone she just met. She remembered laying in the grass and talking for what felt like hours before finally wishing her a goodnight and returning to her own dorm with the promise that they would meet up again soon.

She remembered walking into her own dorm to Reza sound asleep on her couch with her phone laying on her stomach. She picked her sister up and deposited her in her own bed, placing the girl's phone on her charger, getting a quick look at the messages from Melisande.

I'm sorry about what happened today. Sylvia... was not what I expected. I'm going to spend some time in hell for a while and leave you to your studies. You know where to find me if you need me, and I'll let you know when I'm ready.

As much as Hecate hated Mel, for some reason she felt sorry for the way she worded the text. She knew Sylvia as an extremely skilled fighter, but she was also the Spirit Director of the Student Council, and it was her job to make sure people were happy. What could Sylvia have said to the Devil to change her mind and make her actually want to reflect on her actions?

She put a pin in it, tucked her sister in, and went to bed, only to wake up feeling like she had a bad dream.

She reached over to her nightstand to grab her own phone to check the time, finding a message from an unknown number.

Hey. This is Calypso. Just making sure you have my number now, and that you didn't give me a fake number.

Hecate quickly typed out a response, saying that it was her and that she didn't get the wrong number. She then picked herself up and started her morning ritual of getting ready for her classes. Once she got dressed and stepped out of her room, she found her sister already making breakfast.

"Morning." She called, moving to sit at the island with a yawn, knowing full well Reza would make her breakfast.

"Morning." Reza called, finishing up what appeared to be bacon and eggs. "You were out late last night, thanks for moving me to my bed."

"You looked uncomfortable on the couch." Hecate shrugged.

"Do anything fun last night?" Reza chuckled.

Hecate shrugged, not willing to give an answer, getting Reza to turn towards her with a smile, only for her eyes to widen and drop the spatula. "What the fuck- When did- what?"

Hecate blinked at her curiously. "What?"

Reza turned the stove off with one hand before moving so she could reach over the counter and grab both sides of Hecate's face before she stared into her eyes like she was seeing something for the first time.

"What are you doing?" Hecate asked, grabbing her sister's wrists and looking at her like she was a maniac.

"You're eyes are white Hecate. What the fuck did you do?"

"What? White?" Hecate scoffed. "Shut the fuck up."

Reza reached over and grabbed the metal top of the pan she was using to cook with before holding it up in front of her sister. Hecate stared at her reflection curiously, realizing that her eyes were indeed white. More accurately, there appeared to be rings of white where her irises were and a complete lack of a pupil. As she reached up and gently touched her face, she watched as the white was drained out of them completely, the amber color returned as did her pupils.