Chapter 4: Captain Dreamless

Red smoke shoots up in the air, of course, this isn't going as planned.

Poor Eren, I hope he's alright.

Armin runs off to check out what's going on as you are given your orders, making sure to keep titans distracted within this corner, and if one goes astray we are to put them down. He wants us on the ground, three cadets per team. Me, Gwen, and Noah are Team Shanko, Noah assigned squad leader.
"TEAM SHANKO, TEAM KIRSTEIN, MOVE OUT!" The commander shouts as steam engulfs the sky.
We shoot our gear and thrust upwards, following orders as we dart across the sky.
3..... 4. And just like that, your kill count doubles. You gain your vision back to see Gwen slashing out the ankles of a 15m and you anchor yourself to an adjacent building, slashing through its elbow and giving Noah a perfect opening to strike at the Nape. The three of you are so connected in your attacks, a perfect team. Together, you land on a rooftop to catch your breaths. You look over to see the other sqauds being devoured.

"Looks like it's just us now." Noah says

Your eyes hover to Jean, Conny and Annie on the ground engaging with the Titans

"Let's go!" You say and deploy your gear in their direction.

Conny narrowly escapes the assault as Jean distracts the titan before running away from it. Why he won't use his gear. Is it malfunctioning? You watch as he runs to a fallen soldier, trying to salvage their gear.

"I'll cover you!" You shout to him as a titan approaches.

You pick out an area on the buildings where you can rebound and aim right for the titans nape. Blood splatters all on you as you land on the building, watching the titan fall forward with the ugliest face you've ever seen.

"What an ugly motherfucker to be my freaky #5. You heard that Jean! I'm at 5 now! What about you, huh?" You teased.

"Incoming on Southern!" Noah shouts

Marco swoops down to take care of it alongside Noah while Gwen follows you to another rooftop to catch your breath. Jean finishes swapping the gear out as a titan approaches him, he swiftly takes off but clumsily flops through the air and lands on the ground. You can't help but break out in laughter as you deploy your gear, landing next to him.

"Why is the trigger so stiff?!?" His voice laced with frustration.

"Youre gunna have to lube that up later, I'm sure the kind under your bed will work just fine"
You tease as you're about to strike the oncoming titan, deploying your anchors when suddenly Conny appears and smacks right into the titans head. The sudden change of direction causes you to go lose balance and tumble back onto the floor near Jean. Your perfect opening was missed because of this idiot, what the hell, Conny?!

"Are you insane?!" You shout to him

"Get outta there!!" He shouts back, but you're already up in the air, deploying your anchors in the opposite direction as Jean.

You look back to see a Titan suddenly round the corner and Jean flying directly into its mouth. Without thinking, you redirect your gear into the titan below and land on its neck, narrowly saving Jean as you ride the beast on its way down like you're surfing. Shooting your anchors at the last minute, you're lifted into the air shouting

"WOOHOOO!!! Strike! You're OUT!"

"(Y/N)!! Nows not the time for games!" Noah shoots you a deadly look. You follow him and the others back onto the wall. Out of breath, you meet Jean and the others

"You idiots got a death wish?!" He says, staring coldly at you

"You see, most people say 'Thank you' after getting their ass saved"