Chapter 24: Tomorrows never promised

Levi stands with his back against the wall and his arms crossed over his chest as he fixed his gaze on the door leading to the bathroom. He takes a deep breath before heading over to his desk and beginning the endless paperwork. So much has happened today, and he knows that there's so much more going on right now and there's nothing he can do about it from here. He takes a deep breath and begins his work, going through all of the horrors from today and pauses when he finally reaches your file. Levi remained stoic as his eyes scanned through the documents that detailed what you had reported and your injuries, his features had a stern expression, but there was an undeniable sadness lurking behind it.

As you lay in the tub, you try your hardest to push away the events of today. Where are Reiner and Bertholdt taking Eren and Ymir? What does this mean for us? If we can't get Eren back, are we all destined to perish? There's so much that you don't know.. are there more people beyond the walls? Is that what Reiner meant when he said he'd return home? What about Gwen? The many unanswered questions flood your mind and prevent you from relaxing. You let your body sink into the water completely, covering your face under the water. All noise is cancelled out and as your breathing pauses, you forcefully silence your mind seeking out the same peace you felt over the weekend.

Once your fingers begin to shrivel up, you drain the water and sit up, the cold air has your body seeking more relief. That's when you get the idea.. to relieve yourself. As the tub is almost empty, you slowly lower yourself back in, carefully scooting yourself towards the drain and position your legs on the wall. You turn the faucet on, careful to make sure it's a lukewarm temperature as the water begins to flow between your thighs. At first, the stimulation is a bit overwhelming but your body quickly adjusts as pleasure travels up your core. For a moment, you're able to experience pure bliss when your breathing quickens and the pleasure between your legs builds. Without wanting to raise any suspicion, you allow yourself to succumb to the sensations right away, writhing in the tub as you purse your lips tightly to muffle any moans that may escape. You grasp the edges of the tub as you reach your climax and your mind is focused on one thing, Levi.
You lay there, panting as the sensitivity between your legs pulsates. Your body returns to its injured state as the ecstasy begins to fade and your lungs start feeling sharp once more. Hauling yourself out from the tub reminds you of the condition that you're in, forcing you to take it slow. You dry your aching body and wet hair just enough to place your clothes back on before heading out the door.

Levi was sitting at his desk going through reports when he heard the soft thud of his bedroom door close behind you. His eyes followed the path of the door before they landed on you, wet hair clung to your face as the water glistened on your skin.
Levi stares at you with an emotionless expression, his gaze cold as ice.

"Thank you, I feel a lot better now."

"Go get some rest, (Y/N). I have work to finish."
he says in a curt voice, his tone revealing no trace of concern or care.

You gather your things and start towards the door when you're interrupted by a knock.

"It's Hange. Come in."

Hange walks through the door and catches a glimpse of you, her eyes dart between you and Levi before continuing.

"The three of us need to talk." She motions for you to sit at Levi's desk.

"Until Commander Erwin returns, I have been granted temporary Commander of the Scout regiment. With the unfortunate news of Section Commander Miche and his elite squad being wiped out, the two soldiers who have stood out far above the rest today are you, and cadet Ackerman. Today, we discovered the traitors among us, and are hoping that those were the very last. In order to include you in our classified conversations, we need to dispose of any uncertainty on where your loyalty stands. As a direct witness to your dedication to humanity today, I must raise the question of your recent discrepancies. Where were you during our debriefing in Ermich?"