Chapter 10: Dedicate your heart

Levi & Erwin before supper:
Levi knocks at the door, one hard knock, 3 quick ones.

"Come in" Erwin announces.

"Hange's gunna kill that boy." Levi says as he closes the door behind him.

"Please, have a seat Levi."

"I'm good, did you really approve all these testings on Eren for Monday?"

"I can assure you Levi that only 3 tests will be performed. They are consecutive to one another and won't create more work for you or your team."

"To my understanding, Hange will be bringing her own team" Levi replies, sounding impatient. He still hasn't had the chance to clean up yet, being in dirty clothes is bothersome for him.

"She is."

Levi crosses his arms and leans against the wall. Looking at Erwin, wanting him to bring up cadet (L/N) already.

"Hange is given leadership for all testing. On Monday, your teams will meet at the stables to ride out at 6am, (Y/N) will be staying behind for lectures. How did your time with her go today?"  Erwin continued.

"I thought she was transferred to my team."

"Her position in the expedition will remain. We can't risk anyone knowing where Eren will be placed."

"So how am I expected to keep an eye on her?"

"Out of the 3 days a week you'll be traveling to the mountains, you'll be back by 3pm, all you need to do is include her in your teams afternoon workouts. Other than that, your main focus is to keep tabs on her in her free time."

"Where did you say she was from again?"

"Trost."

"We'll she fights like a middle aged underground thug."

"It's funny you say that." Erwin replied with a satisfied smile

"How come?"

Erwin pulls out a binder and flips to your folder.
"(F/N) (L/N) has trained under her father, Klaus (L/N), who runs Rose Dojo in Trost, a martial arts studio partially funded by the Military Police brigade. Over the years there has been many collaborations between this dojo and the MP.."

"So why is the brat here with us? Nobody in the MP would bat an eye if she appealed her assignment.. what else do we know about her father?"

"That's a good point Levi, after years of successfully working together, the Military Police suddenly gets in our way once we have our greatest discovery yet. That's why I need you to watch her, and see what you can find out. There's not much else on her father, other than he was born & raised in Trost, attended the public schools and is friendly with the local law enforcement & politicians."

"On paper."

"Her father taught her martial arts and, given his connections to the MP, it's not far off to assume he's learned a good deal from those officers who have been stationed in the underground. But I'd also like to entertain the idea that he may not be who he says he is."

"I'll just collect the data for you, Erwin. I've got enough to think about other than why this brats got a death wish, or who her father is pretending to be. She's not even an opponent to think twice about."

"Shadis reports her as top of her class in hand to hand combat."

"That old geezer's going senile. Or maybe the quality of soldiers is declining."
Erwin redirects his attention to the binder, carefully scanning through anything he might've missed.