Chapter 54: Isolette

The crowd shared a collective gasp at the spectacle unfolding before them.
Several Military Police officers leapt onto the stage, wrestling the two garrison soldiers into submission. The men were beating each other senseless, a sight you couldn't wrap your drunken mind around. Violence was a familiar sight in the field, but in this setting, it was jarring. It was clear they were inebriated, their drunken antics having already resulted in the podium being knocked off the stage. The fight had been brutal, you watched in shock as one of the soldiers, now unconscious, bloodied form was being carried off the stage to the murmurs of the crowd. You turned to Levi for reassurance, but he looked unbothered as he sipped from his cup.

As the music resumed, Levi turned to you, his gaze questioning. "So, you were saying?"

You cocked your head to the side. "Maybe four.. five.. but I still have my wits about me."

Hange slammed a handful of shots onto the table, a mischievous grin on their face. "Well that's a damn shame!"
They passed one to you, the liquid inside potent and bitter. It burned your throat as you swallowed and you pushed the glass away, hiding your reaction. In your haste, you accidentally knocked Erwin's glass, but Levi was quick to catch it before it could spill.

"I'm sorry." You extended your hand to the commander, before turning to Hange with a grimace. "Ooof what was that?"

"I don't know. I just ordered the same thing Nile's table ordered." Hange wiped their mouth, having downed their drink with ease.
"Erwin! Take your shot!"

He politely declined, his eyes remained carefully surveying the room and Levi glanced to his fingertips as they gently tapped the table.

"This is my favorite song!" You excitedly turn to Levi as the familiar intro starts to play.

Placing your hand along his arm as you rise from your seat, you invite him to join you on the floor.

"Oi. What are you doing?" He pulled away, crossing his arms as he leaned back in his chair.

As you walked behind him, you trailed your hand behind his neck, playfully swaying your head to the beat as you leaned in closer to his face.

"Stop. Idiot." He struggled to keep his eyes off of you in front of the others.

"Stacks doesn't dance.. but I do!" Hange declared, downing Erwin's shot before leading you to the dance floor.

Surrounded by your peers, you surrendered to the music, letting your body flow freely as the dim lights fluttered around you. The knots in your stomach come undone and you close your eyes as you bob your head to the music.
A sudden sting broke the spell, and you slap your hand to your neck. You swatted the bug away, but the momentary distraction was enough to disrupt your bliss. As the euphoria faded away, it was replaced by a sheen of sweat on your face and a churning in your stomach. The world around you blurred, the last shot of liquor threatening to make a reappearance. You made a hasty retreat, seeking the sanctuary of the balcony and the promise of fresh air.
The doors swung open to reveal the cool embrace of the night. The symphony of cicadas welcomed you, their song momentarily drowned out by a voice calling your name from the steps below. You wiped the sweat from your brow, squinting into the darkness to make out the figure calling for you.

"(Y/N)!" The urgent whisper echoed in the night.

With one hand clutching the banister, you descended the steps, only for the world to plunge into darkness as your body crumpled to the ground.

When your eyes fluttered open, you found yourself in an unfamiliar, dark space. Disoriented, you attempted to sit up, only to discover your hands were bound and a cloth gag stifled any cries for help. The realization dawned on you as you took in the rocking motion and the sound of hooves.. you were in the back of a carriage. The confusion swiftly morphed into a primal instinct for survival as the chilling truth set in.. you had been kidnapped.