Chapter 34: Stays in Stohess

Noah comes with Nelson the next morning just as he promised. Your body is still quite sore from waking up, but you take the capsules of herbs that's Noah's given you along with your medicine, praying that they work for you as well as they have for others. You put on a long skirt, one that Gwen's mother made for you a while back, and one of your favorite blouses. You don't often get to dress in clothes like this. They're not overly extravagant, but perfectly fitting for a casual breakfast in this upper class city. Once you open the door, Nelson welcomes you with a soft hug, happy to see you've come to visit. They walk you through the lobby, filled with off duty MP's eagerly greeting the popular brothers. As they take you into the bustling city, you're met with the aroma of sweet bread and pastries from the nearby bakeries. The townsfolk wait on long lines for the street vendors as they run their morning errands. It seems as if no battle had happened here at all, other than the occasional closed shop due to construction, and every so often you'd come across a crumbled corner of a building. Otherwise, the city has seemed to rebuild itself rather well.
Nelson reaches for the door of a cafe with large windows and holds it open for you and the smell of coffee and a mixture of all kinds of food fills your nose with one of the best combination of scents you've ever smelled. The place is very busy, so that's a good sign. As your seated, you're handed menus and you glance towards Noah, smiling ear to ear.

"They have incredible coffee here, (Y/N), you've got to try it." He says

"I don't know, I only ever tried it once, and I hated it."

"You've gotta get it in the way you'll like it."

"How could I like something so bitter?"

"They're know for their sweet cream here, if you fancy sweets, I reckon you'll love it in your coffee." Nelson said

"And you've gotta try the Sto Toast. It's my favorite." Noah added

"Sto toast?"

"Yeah, it's a thick sweet bread dipped in egg milk and cinnamon, and fried. You'll love it."

You smile as the waitress puts down the coffee and sweet cream on the table and asks for your orders. You happily take Noah's suggestion and Nelson pours the hot coffee into your cup, as you reach for the sweet cream.

"Add it little by little, it's very potent." He warns

You are generous with the amount you put in your cup, watching the white swirl into your dark drink, instantly brightening it to a light brown color. Raising the delicate cup to your lips, you take a sip and close your eyes to savor the pleasant taste. After a nod of your approval, Noah begins to speak quietly.

"So, how are you feeling today (Y/N)?"

Your body aches a bit, but you're still committed to joining Noah underground tonight.

"Better."

"Good." Nelson adds. "I have the equipment for you tonight, I've adjusted things as to not put much pressure on your ribs or upper body. I'll be dropping by after dinner with everything you need." He turns his eye contact to both you and Noah. "Your safety is top priority. Do not screw this up, I'll have no way to help you. That includes getting to the entrance. You aren't to be spotted, by anyone."

Noah turns to you.
"We have the gear, we aren't going through the official entrances. The only way in and out will be with our gear. Hopefully that's the only time we'll have to use it."

"How will we know where to find her?"

"I have some sources, she's most likely with her father. He was last seen east of the Pale Jacks, a popular saloon on the westside of the city. It makes sense, that's where a lot of the gambling takes place down there." Nelson adds