25. Taehyung

The couch turns out to be the best purchase I've ever made for the garage. Not the fridge in the 'office' room. The couch. Yesterday I also bought a fucking plant and a standing lamp. I thought it would look cool. Like... a home-y corner. This place is my home in a way, always will be.

Wooshik is the first one to see my home-y corner.

"No fucking way you got a plant. Do you know how to keep it alive?"

"Now I know. I read about it," I say proudly. I did read about it. "What else should I get here?"

"A coffee table," he says, sitting down. "A coffee machine."

"Oh, a coffee machine. I'm writing that down."

"Please do. I'll visit you more often."

Washing my hands at the sink, I say, "So, every day instead of every other day?"

"Yeah, pretty much. I hope that's not too little."

"I think you should move in here."

I smile to myself when he makes a 'hmmm' sound. I dry my hands and walk over to the couch. Sitting on it doesn't seem quite as appealing right now. It looks cozy but not cozy enough.

"Are you planning to stand there like that?" Wooshik asks.

"I'm thinking."

"About?"

"How brave I am."

Wooshik smiles, holding back a laugh. "Just do it."

"You don't know what."

"And I don't care. I'm fine with everything you do."

Even if my chest is tight, it's somehow obvious to me he means it, and I sit on the other side, throw my legs over the armrest and drop my head onto his lap. I keep my eyes closed. It's good. It's really good. I sigh, content, and cross my arms on my chest.

He runs his fingers along my arm, sending shivers down my body, then brushes my hair back.

"It's dirty," I mumble.

He doesn't answer. Doesn't seem to care, either. So I don't repeat myself. I'm enjoying it anyway. Usually when I take breaks, I'm always thinking about something. About work, or something else happening outside of it.

Now I'm not thinking about anything. Only about how perfect it is.

"You're really beautiful."

My eyes flutter open. He's looking at me in the softest way someone has ever looked at me. Like there is nothing fucked up about me.

I sit up, turning his way. I've never anticipated getting closer to someone that much. Yet here I am, and he's so close, and I don't want to move away. I don't want to make decisions, either. I want him to do it. I just want to... get pulled into it. Completely.

I swallow carefully, as if not to break the moment. He's looking at my lips. It's okay, because I'm looking at his. Between his lips and eyes. He's doing it too, looking at me as if asking if it's okay. I'm looking at him, answering it's perfectly okay. I want it. I don't know what it means, what would happen after, and I don't care. I just want to kiss him.

He moves closer. I'm gripping onto the edge of the couch, fingers brushing against the side of his leg. My breaths are shorter. I've never wanted to kiss anyone that badly just to kiss them. I kissed guys I hooked up with because I wanted to feel good. This is... so different.

I drop my gaze to his lips. I close my eyes. I gulp. I imagine a million different ways this might feel.

"I swear to God I will break his legs if anything happens to-"