36. Taehyung

Seeing someone you care about in a face of death might make you realize just how much you care about them. That you do care. That you've been fucking wrong, and fucked up once again, and you desperately need to fix it.

It makes me realize just how much I don't want Jimin to hurt her. And it makes me realize all this time I wasn't doing this because I wanted to feel useful. I was doing this because I cared. I cared all this time. About both Yeeun and Jungkook.

And it also makes me realize I acted like a dick. I knew I did, but now it's undeniable. And I need to make up for it. Like, right now.

I look back at Jungkook. I have never seen him so pale and helpless. Knowing him, he wants to suffocate Jimin, but any move equals Yeeun... dying. Jimin is way above us right now. Even if Yoongi shoots him, he'll drop Yeeun.

I wreck my brain for anything when Jungkook speaks for the first time since we arrived here, "Take me instead."

Park looks at him, lifts his eyebrows.

"What's the difference?" Jungkook asks, and I can tell by the tone of his voice he's barely holding back from snapping this guy's spine in half. "Take me and let her go."

Jimin sighs. "You see, here's the problem. The moment you and I stay alone, you'll do everything to get rid of me. I can see it in your eyes. So... no. I reject the-"

"I have an offer."

He looks at me, eyes narrowed. "What offer?"

I gulp. I'm making it all up on the spot. "You won't hurt her and you'll let her go. Instead, I'll work for you and Yoongi will promise he'll leave you alone."

"Why would I believe you?" Jimin asks.

I point behind me, at Jungkook. "He hates me, anyways. He cares about Yeeun," I say, even if it makes me uncomfortable. I point at Yoongi. "If I ask him, he'll listen to me. And this is what I want. I'll do everything. Just... let her go. And not down the goddamn bridge. Put her back on her feet and I'll go with you. Yoongi will never bother you again. He'll forget you've ever existed."

I don't dare look away from him, even though I can feel both Jungkook and Yoongi gaping at me.

"You don't seem like you're willing to choke me to death." He clicks his tongue.

I shake my head. "I really don't care. No offense."

He snorts, like he's taken aback. "Refreshing. Let's say you're intriguing as well. Was it really you doing the heists?"

"It was me," I say. Again, making it up on the spot, I add, "Yoongi just gave me the plans. I did it all."

"Are you armed?" Jimin asks.

"I don't even know how to use a gun." Lies, but whatever works.

"You did the heists without a gun?"

"I had knives. I know how to use knives." I don't. "And I don't have any on me."

Jimin takes a deep breath and glances back at Yeeun. Then back at me. "I'll have to teach you some things if you are to work with me. Min Yoongi, do you agree to the offer? I take your brother and your friend here is free? And you never bother me or my people again?"

I speak to Yoongi. "Agree. This is my choice to make."

Jungkook doesn't do anything. He still looks just as terrified. Even if he never forgives me, maybe I'll forgive myself one day. Which... I'm not sure if I'll be satisfied with this situation, but it may be too late now anyways.

I catch Yoongi's gaze. "I... I agree."

Jimin sighs a very pained sigh. I really don't care what happens now. As long as he doesn't hurt her.

I only loosen up – a little bit – when he brings her back to her feet. Yeeun leans against the railing, legs trembling so much I see it from here.

"Let's say I agree to the offer," Jimin says, walking my way. "But I'm giving you a weekly trial. If you're behaving strangely, anything suspicious, or if Yoongi tries anything, all four of you are dead. Got it?"

I nod, closing the gap. "Sure. I won't try anything. Again, this is my choice. I'll work for you. I promise."

"Promises don't mean shit to me." He points at his car. I head there. "You'll sign a contract. But for now it'll have to be enough." He takes the gun out and unlocks it. "Get in my car and drive."

As I open the door, and start slipping in, Jimin speaks to Jungkook. "Happy? You get your girl back, and a problem less." It hurts, sure. Not only does he probably hate me after the last fight, I might never see him again. I don't know if it's for the good or bad.

Jimin gets into the passenger's seat and shuts the door. "Go."

I do. There is nothing else I can do.