SR 11. Taehyung

somewhere at the beginning of July

I drop onto my bed, showered, and look at everything I own, packed into bags and boxes. Not many. One night, and I'll be moving into my new apartment. Our apartment. For the first time in my life I will be living with someone I actually want to live with. And not alone. I'm honestly tired of living alone. No matter how independent I am, how many things I've taught myself in order to survive without anyone, I do want someone by my side. I can do everything by myself, but I don't have to. Not anymore.

The door of the fridge closes. "Scared?"

I look over at Jungkook. "Excited."

He throws a can of beer across the room, and I catch it. "Do you actually like living alone or are you just used to it?" he asks, taking one for himself.

"I don't mind it, but I don't want it anymore," I say, taking a sip, and reach for the gaming pad. We're about to have a sleepover. It's almost 2 a.m., and he's been helping me pack (barely helping, rather teasing and joking and asking about the origins of the things I owe), and decided he's staying.

I sit on the bed, he sits on the floor in front of it, and takes another pad. We're going to play some old racing games I have.

"How is it? Moving in with someone?" I ask, starting the game. I'm choosing the car first. Lamborghini Huracan. I drove this last season.

"I always lived with someone. I never had my own space like you," he says. "But when I moved in with Yeeun, which is the closest to your situation I guess, it was incredible. Still is. It's our space, you know? Our home. We don't have to 'spend time in her place' or kick Hoseok out when we want to be alone at mine, or worry about her dad being around."

"You weren't together when she lived with her dad."

"But we were always physically close. It can get awkward, you know." He chuckles. Jungkook chooses a Bugatti Chiron. I'll have that car one day. "Since we moved in together, we work everything out together. Adjusting your lives to share a space can be difficult sometimes, but you'll get a hang of it. We've known each other forever, and we've lived together for a while, and I still do things she hates. We talk them out, but I forget."

"But... it's rather good?"

"Yeah, definitely."

"Okay."

When we start the game, there is no more talking. We're rather yelling at each other, trying to win. My neighbor – a woman in her 30s – comes knocking on the door at 4. She sighs when I open, clearly woken up no more than two minutes ago.

"Kim Taehyung, it's four," she says, rubbing her eyes. I don't really know her name, but she's been kind and friendly from the beginning.

I'm starting to apologize, when a "fucking bitch" comes from the inside. Sounds of animated wheels screeching on the asphalt. And a "fuck."

My neighbor widens her eyes. "Alright. Have... fun? I guess. But quieter, please."

"Last time, I promise," I say. "I'm moving out tomorrow."

"Oh really?" she asks. "Where?" As for someone who was woken up at 4 a.m., she gets pretty talkative.

"Moving in with my," I quietly clear my throat, "boyfriend."

"Oh, fuck you!"

My neighbor smiles strangely. "Not this one, right?"

"God, no. Another boyfriend. I mean- I have only one. That's my friend." I point back. "We're playing racing games."