37. Jungkook

As they walk towards the car, I ignore Jimin and sprint across the bridge to Yeeun. I'm not sure which of us is trembling more, but she holds my hand as tight as I hold hers.

"Key in my back pocket," Yeeun mutters. She looks at me, quickly glances at the handcuffs. While making sure she's all in one piece, I find the key and aim to open the handcuffs.

Just then, Park Jimin speaks to me. "Happy? You get your girl back, and a problem less."

I want to throw him over that fucking bridge myself, but he's got an upper hand.

When he slips into the car, I put the key in the handcuffs. Yeeun is looking around, careful, and how the hell is she thinking now?

When I want to ask about it, she holds my hands. "Get down."

Before I know it, we're both at the ground, and four simultaneous shooting sounds tear the silence. I nearly get a heart attack. And how is she so collected, again?

When the bridge falls silent again, and Yeeun pulls us back up, I'm holding my breath. Yoongi runs up to us.

"What the fuck was that?"

"Yoongi's people," she says, taking the handcuffs off. She passes them to Yoongi. "Get rid of that."

"Are you-" he begins, but Yeeun cuts him off.

"Let's go. Yoongi's going with me now. Jungkook, you're-"

"Go where?" he interrupts. Not even Yoongi is thinking as fast as her.

She looks at him like he's crazy. "We have to get Taehyung out? Obviously?"

I speak out of habit. "He-"

"Don't finish this sentence." She jabs a finger into my chest. "He saved my life. Get your ass in the car, Jeon Jungkook."

I gulp. Catching her gaze now feels like ice cold water.

She takes charge of everything really fast. "We're gonna have to improvise, but we'll get him out of it. Even if you suddenly decided you're done with it, I'm not letting Taehyung do that." She's speaking to me, and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

No, I know. Like shit. I gave up. I left when I should have stayed. Again. Why do I always pull back when the only thing I have to do is stay?

Yoongi catches on equally fast. "Call me," he tells me. "We have to stay in touch. Yeeun's right, let's go. There is no time to waste. Do you know how to use a gun?"

I answer in the same way I did before we came here. "Hell no."

He gives me one anyway. "Just in case. Yeeun, you take this one. Both of you, keep it close." He gives me a longer look. "Rely on your driving skills. Maybe you'll have to fight hand-to-hand, too. You're good at that."

They are already moving, but I can't.

"What if he really wants it? I don't wanna force anything on him."

I thought about the fight we had ever since it happened, and I'm no longer sure if anything I've ever told him was actually good for him. Maybe I did fuck up his life. And I'm really tired of this.

I think it daunted on me too heavily that I might have been, in the past, and I might be, again, the reason his life falls apart. Whether it's because I was a dick, or because his parents idolized me.

"Even if he thinks he wants it, no one actually wants to work for fucking Park Jimin," Yoongi says. "Let's go."

Yeeun gives him the keys. "Go. I'm there in five seconds."

When Yoongi nods and disappears, showing some signs to his people around, she holds my hands. "I know you do care about him. And I care, too. I am not letting him do that, and neither are you. And, even if you don't believe it, trust me. Taehyung cares the most. That's why he's there now, and I'm alive. So let's go. Please. We'll work everything out later. But now... let's just get him out of it."

I can only nod and head to my car, dialing Yoongi's number as we speak.