41. Taehyung

"I can't believe he got you a whole ass apartment," I say, comfortable on the couch that could compete with the one I put in my garage. "When are you moving your things in?"

"Tomorrow," Jungkook says, handing me a can of beer. "Hoseok dropped off some essentials for now."

The sound of the shower running fills the background. Jungkook takes a seat, playing around with the TV.

"Now," he says. "I didn't call you because of the apartment."

"No?"

"Okay, partly. But most importantly, you said you'd update me on your boyfriend situation."

I swing my leg into his shin. "I don't have one."

"You're dating."

"But no one uses any titles."

"Okay, okay." He rolls his eyes. "Updates are still highly appreciated."

"Don't you have your own love life to worry about?"

Resting an ankle over his knee, Jungkook goes through TV settings. That's such an adult thing to do. "Shut up and tell me."

"We're going out. That's it."

"Don't be so generous."

I kick his shin again. "Fine. Here it goes. I like him. Like... a lot. I've been thinking about it before I met him, you know? Like... what kinda guy I'd want to be with."

„And he's perfect, isn't he?"

"Honestly, it's nothing what I thought it would be. But it's... it's better."

"He likes you a lot. It's very obvious. Though I'm curious about something."

"What exactly?" I ask, sliding lower on the couch. It's so fucking comfortable. At this rate, I'll fall asleep here and stay for the night.

"He lives in Daegu, right?" Jungkook asks. "What are you gonna do about it?"

I press my lips together, against a stupid grin he's gonna make fun of.

"What?"

"He's... moving."

Jungkook jumps to the edge of the couch. "To Seoul?!"

"Yeah... to Seoul."

He shakes his head, falling against the back of the couch. "He's so in love with you."

This... sounds so much different than having a crush, liking someone. Dating. Even than being boyfriends. Which I don't think we are yet. Love.

Love.

I glance around, feeling a bit out of place in the mention of something so unfamiliar. My eyes settle on the list of channels Jungkook turned on. Everything is so different. "We're having a beer in your new apartment, talking about a guy I'm technically dating, while your practically unofficially wife is taking a shower."

"Practically unofficially wife."

"You know what I mean. Go back in time and tell your fifteen-year-old self it's gonna happen."

My fifteen-year-old self would punch me in the face.

"He'd laugh at me," Jungkook says.

"Exactly." I raise the can, like for a cheer, and add, "And it's all thanks to you."

"Me?"

"If you didn't push it after I crashed last year, we would still be fighting. Maybe even worse. It's all thanks to you."

"And you," he says. "You didn't have to let me in at all. But you did. And here we are. Besties."

I snort. "Never use this word ever again."

"Best buddies."

"No."

"Bros."

"Stop."

"Best bitches."

I shake my head. "Definitely not."

"Right." He takes a sip. "It's partners in speed. Period."

I groan, hand over my eyes. "Don't say 'period'."

"I fucking hate talking to you," he says, but laughing. I smile wider, and we do the handshake.

I point to the TV, crossing my legs on the couch, as comfortable as possible. "Now put on 'Jurassic Park' and let's celebrate."

"Celebrate what exactly?"

"Everything," I say. "How life is turning out to be."

That's honestly a grand thing to celebrate. And I am more than grateful to be able to do it.