bonus scene 4

Taehyung

(it's been a year since the end of Star Racer)

Yeeun is the last one to pull up to the garage. She walks in, carrying three boxes that go over her head. Knowing these are my packages, I run up to her to get them.

"Why is it three? It should have been two."

"The last one is something from Yoongi," she says. "He asked me to give it to you."

"Thanks." I carry them closer to the car Jungkook and I are working on.

Yeeun sits on the counter, next to Wooshik, and they instantly share the iced coffee.

Yesterday, on Saturday, I won the infamous old Dodge Charger. Sundays are the days the four of us – Yeeun, Jungkook, Wooshik and I spend together almost every week. Most of the time like this, or racing. Sometimes we branch out to do something we're not used to.

"One year and the engine is done," I say, cutting the boxes open. I've ordered some things we need to work on the car. Whoever had it before pushed it to the edge.

"Let's put a new one in," Jungkook says, on the other side of the car. "Doesn't your boyfriend build engines?"

"He used to." I look to the side. "Can you still build engines?"

"If you ask, I can."

I look back at Jungkook. "If I ask, he can."

Jungkook rolls his eyes. "He'd build a spaceship for you, we know."

True.

I wipe my face with the shirt I took off and hanged over my shoulder the moment I opened the door to the garage. This July's incredibly hot and the AC is broken, so working half-naked is the only option.

"The clutch needs work, too," I say. "It's hard to switch the gears above three. I'd exchange it before anything. And the starter, too."

Jungkook tilts his head, steps back. "Can we paint it white? That green is jarring?"

"I wanted black."

"Half and half, then?" he says, and we agree with a high-five.

I've always wanted to work on that car, but doing it together is even better. Every day I'm just enjoying my life more and more, and care less and less. Whatever people would say about it, about me or my life, it wouldn't bother me at all. Not anymore.

Jungkook chuckles. "Do you think it will handle nitro?"

"I'll make it handle nitro," I say. There is a lot of work to be done, before this car can get nitro and not fall apart in three seconds, but it will be worth it.

From the back, Yeeun says, "And they were so hot for this."

She takes a sip of the iced coffee they are sharing, no one bothered to help. They always prefer to watch.

Jungkook looks at her and huffs a laugh.

"I know what they are doing, but I'd rather sit here and watch," Wooshik says.

I point at him. "You can watch, but not Jungkook." Considering Jungkook is now hitting the gym more often and has tattoos, I feel justified saying this.

"You know I'm only watching you."

"So am I," Yeeun says.

Jungkook crosses his arms on his chest. "Excuse me?"

Her smile grows, straw between her lips. "You know I'm kidding."

He steps back, eyes narrowed, and points between Yeeun and Wooshik. "Then why are you sitting on Taehyung's side?"

"Because I have a better view on you like that," she says, drawing an invisible line.

Jungkook falls silent, convinced, and his smile is nowhere near innocent.

"Stop doing that." I throw a dirty towel at him.

He catches it against his arm, chuckling. "Doing what?"

"I know that look, and no blowjobs are allowed in this garage."

His eyes grow, and he throws the towel back at me. "You mean you are gate-keeping your garage for that purpose, because I refuse to believe you didn't have your dick sucked here."

"I didn't." I shrug. He crosses his arms and glares at me, like he knows I'm lying. I hold back a laugh. "I'm serious. I didn't."

"It doesn't matter which one of you did," he says. "It matters that you're abusing your power as the main owner of this place."

I point back at him. "You have no rights to speak after you fucked on my backseat."

The way they look proud of this is outrageous. But also not surprising at all. Maybe we are all overly comfortable with each other at this point.

But there are more pros than cons. And I wouldn't trade my life as it is now for anything.

I cherish everything and everyone that I have, and everything I have and will become. And everything I am now.

I am happy, and it's all I've ever wanted to be.