33. Yeeun

A dinner with Park Jimin at his super secret 'holiday' house was not my evening plan. Neither was pretending this is all happening behind Jungkook's back. Of course he knows. I'm sharing my location with him, Hoseok, Yoongi, Taehyung and Wooshik. Just in case. Park Jimin is convinced no one knows. Or he's a really good actor.

He said at the very beginning he didn't cook it. I'm fine with it. I don't care. I literally don't care who made this food. I'm only curious about why we're here. Alone. Or are we alone? What if a ton of his people are hiding around? What if they catch me and kidnap me? What if-

"You know." Jimin takes a sip of wine. I drove here myself this time. "I wanted to tell you a secret. I still do, and I hope you can keep it."

"I'm good at keeping secrets," I say, knowing all well this meeting is no secret to anybody.

Jimin smiles, like he's already known this. "I already picked someone. For the spot."

I keep watching him, waiting for the continuation.

He meets my gaze, swirling his fingers around – like he wants to hypnotize me – and slowly points at me. Then smirks.

I wait a tactical four seconds, blink twice. Lower my voice, saying, "Really?"

"Really. You're the only one that can win this."

For more emotional reaction I should maybe have, I grip the edge of the table. "Why?"

"You're the craziest. In a good sense."

I put up an act of being too shocked to react. "It hasn't settled yet", I say, pretending to think about the Japan Race. As far away as always. I think about why he's telling me this now. Why not officially, with everyone around.

Jimin pours himself more wine and sighs. "You know. I would like for us to trust each other. I have high hopes when it comes to you." He takes a sip. I wait. "There is something I want to tell you."

"About?" I ask.

He looks sad again. Fuck, why is he so good at looking sad?

"Min Yoongi."

I shift my feet without him noticing. "What about him?"

Jimin scoffs, giving the wine this nostalgic look. "I actually know him really well."

Fuck, this can go literally a million ways.

"Do you know I like men and women?" he asks.

I shake my head and add, "I do, too."

Jimin smiles. I hate that I know that smile. The belonging smile. The 'we're in this together' stupid fucking smile. I don't want to feel for him. Relate to him. Fuck.

"I was sitting at one desk with Min Yoongi in middle and high school," he says. "He was my best friend. Then he was my crush. I liked him a lot. And he was... well, Yoongi was always a genius. We found our language. I didn't mind that he was stealing money for me so that I could afford to buy a car and take part in races. He liked having a reason to cause trouble. We were... doing well. Really well. Even though I liked him, we've never moved beyond best friends. But I was alright with it." He doesn't sound alright.

Jimin takes a sip. I fight an urge to gulp.

"Min Yoongi knows how to use that brain of his. He's... he's good. As soon as it's convenient for him, he finds a way to get rid of you." Ouch.

Jimin rolls his eyes, as if to himself. "Manipulative liar. And if you call him out, he'll make you feel bad for him."

"Why... are you telling me this?" I ask, trying to sound like I'm confused, not about to throw up.