The Wedding

UNEDITED! SERIOUSLY UNEDITED!!!

Jeez, Louise, this took hours to write! It's 8,400 words, apparently!

If you asked to be a character, you'll find your names in bold throughout the story. I hope you're happy with the way I wrote you all. Too late now, if you didn't. 

If you see that I missed you out, add a comment at the end when prompted!

Also, like I said, LOTS of multimedia in this chapter! Enjoy.

Sarah, xx

~*~*~ Sophie ~*~*~

I always thought that I was the crazy one out of my sisters and me. I had a temper and I was easily wound up, so naturally, I would be the first to throw a tantrum. Yet, today, I was serenely calm while Charlotte ran around like a headless chicken and Mum was spoon feeding Emma champagne to calm her nerves.

The chaos in the bridal suite at The Delaney was unbelievable. Hairdressers and makeup artists were frantically trying to fix Charlotte's makeup, while the wedding planner and her countless assistants were trying to figure out where the bridal party bouquets were. Aishwarya D'Souza, the mother of the groom, had arrived to check on her soon-to-be daughter-in-law and had been giving Emma some 'helpful' tips in preparation for her walk up the aisle. I know the woman meant well, but she had well and truly spooked Emma.

 I know the woman meant well, but she had well and truly spooked Emma

(Aishwarya D'Souza's Mother of the Groom outfit)

And let's not even mention the grandmother.

Blending cultures is never easy and having an interfaith wedding was always going to be a challenge, but Jayalakshmi Chandra really took the biscuit for all the traditions and rituals she was insisting that be a part of the wedding. Even Adam thought his grandmother was going a little overboard and had to navigate the waters carefully so as not to offend anyone.

The Irish-French-Indian-American wedding was an eclectic mix of traditions and some of what Jayalakshmi had wanted had to be sacrificed in order for Emma and Adam to have the wedding that they wanted. Our grandmothers had graciously accepted that some Celtic and French traditions just weren't going to be included, but the word 'no' did not appear in this formidable woman's vocabulary.

Still, with a lot of effort, Adam and Emma had managed to include two traditions from each culture into the day. However, at the rate that Jayalakshmi was offending everyone in the room with her domineering personality, the rituals she campaigned heavily in favour of would soon be banned from the ceremony.

"You can love the person," Erika, one of Emma's best friends, said as soon as she ushered every member of the groom's family out the door. Erika Torres was always the life and soul of the party and was quick to make a joke of everything, but right now, she was being serious as she spoke. "But you don't have to love the family."