Chapter 4: Unknown number's

"When would I be expecting a grandchild, as you can see I'm not getting any younger,my first son has children but he never brings them to me,but you aren't that far away from me I could come anytime" she says looking from Othman to me.

I don't know why that sentence shocked me,but it did luckily the food didn't fall on my clothes rather on the table, and Othman quickly got a napkin to clean it with none of us replying,she continues.

"I will be taking my leave now i have to be some were in like 10 minutes,so let me leave you two love birds alone to get to know each other more" she stood up grabbing her clutch "I will give you a call later Maryann" we we escorted her to her car a black tinted range rover Othman helped her into it,and I simply waved at her.

when she was gone Othman turned to me,he grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me into the house.

"Ouch! Ouch!" I cried he didn't stop there he pulled me again from the living room into our bed room "why what did I do to you now,I lied to your mom,I did every single thing you asked me-"

#slap

He slapped me?

"Never raise your voice at me again" he says pointing a finger at me with a stern face,subhanallah

My hand was on my left cheek the stinging pain hurt so bad that I couldn't stop the tears coming down from my eyes I looked away from him and fell on my knees  as the tears kept on coming.

I covered my face with both my hands,trying to control my sobs.

"Im sorry,i dont know what has gotten into ne these pass few days" he sqautted down to my level holding my arms,pushing his hands away from me i pulled my knees to my face,as the tears rushed down.

A few minutes later i heard a knock from the door.

"Yes,what's it" he answers sounding pissed .

"Its Mrs McKinney she came back saying she
Forget to tell you and Mrs Maryann" an unfamiliar voice spoke .

He tried to touch me again and I pushed him away from me,I went out going down the stairs i heard footsteps behind me I realised he was following me I whipped away the tears that were on my eyes with the handsof my kimono,immediately she sited me she spoke.

"Sorry,I forgot to tell you that we have a family dinner you guys must atte-" she stopped talking,walking towards me she touched the redness on my left cheek.

"What's this? How did you get this? What happened?" She says all this with a serious face and tone.

Should I cover him up or spill the beans I turned to Othman and I saw him with a straight face,he doesn't even care does,oh well in that case.

I smiled to his mom"oh no I was on my way up stairs and I missed a step and kinda hit my face on the railing,I can't believe its still red Othman put a lot of ice on it" I say the last part turning to him,yeah he did put ice on it .

He smirked lightly touching my left cheek"Yeah,she cried like a baby" he said to his mother,putting his right hand around my waist pulling me to him,I wanted to push him off,but Mrs McKinney would know something is going on,wallah this is the last time I would lie to her again.

Mrs McKinney smiled that showed the wrinkle on her cheeks "okay back to what I was saying,there is a family dinner and you guys must attend its also a welcome back party for Zahira okay next tomorrow by 8pm,oh and Maryann I invited your family too,they would be there".

They will be there I bet she doesn't know how happy that sentence made me feel.

"We will be there In Shaa Allah" he answers.

*
*
*
*
Immediately his mom left he didn't say anything to me,he was busy making phone calls here and there and working on his laptop,its like when his mom is around he changes,anyways I'm happy to be meeting his family members and I miss my family too,I only know his mom and dad,and i could pass his dad and not know him, he only knows my mom and dad as well,and I would love to meet his sister.

He laid on his back on the bed with his eyes closed probably thinking,I want to talk to him about what happened this evening so I started.

"Is Zahira your sister?".

"Yes" one word reply..that actually made me feel bad,you slapped me and I'm trying to talk to you,yet you...ugh!.

"Okay" I replied going into the comforter he suddenly flicked off the lights off and the room went dark.

After fajr I woke up to my phone ringing the number was unknown,I grew up never picking numbers I don't have on my contact list,but I decided to pick this one.

"Hello?" I spoke slowly waiting for the other line to speck.

Dont forget to make me smile by

LIKING

COMMENTING

FOLLOWING

AND

SHARING  (sharing is caring)

😘