chapter 6: Girlfriend?

Family dinner (1)

I finished my maghrib prayer(prayed just after sunset) Othman had gone out to someplace who knows,he doesn't tell me anything, his mom told us the dinner would be around 8pm when she came the other day.

It's 7:30 now,I went straight to my closet to change into my purple and grey dress I really love the dress.

After changing into it I sat by my mirror putting my makeup bag down,I put on some foundation,did my eyebrows,well luckily for me my eyebrows are natural shaped flawless,Alhamdulilah,i slowly put on some kajal in my eyes and did a little contour on my cheeks and nose,well you guessed it I'm excellent at makeup I learnt how to do it from YouTube back at home well almost Everyone learns makeup from YouTube nowadays I topped it up finally with a red lipstick.

While applying my lipstick my phone rang I quickly reached for it it was an unknown number yet again.

I picked it up and waited for the person on the other call to say something maybe I would recognize the voice.

"Maryann,its me Othman, I would be home in 5minutes,be ready,I don't have time for time wasting " before I could speak he hung up.

I dropped the phone and looked at my self in the mirror I sighed and picked up my phone and saved Othman's number .

'Othman H.'

H obviously meaning husband I smiled to my self well husband that doesn't even love me and. Dropped my phone down,i opened my jewelry box and put on some sliver cocktail rings and bracelets and walked up to the other side of the closet that had just shoes innit and put on my white heels apparently no one would see my heels because my dress would be covering it, leaving my room with nothing but my phone in my hands while walking down the stairs my heels click-clacked on the marble tiles the two maids that passed me by greeted me and told me how beautiful I looked with a smile,they hardly never smile when Othman is around.

I got to the living room and before I could sit I heard the front door swing open.

oh my... he looks so ..breathtakingly handsome what im i saying he just looks nice in his black tuxedo with a black bowtie and white shirt .oh boy.

"Maryann" he calls I don't think he knows I'm in the living room too.

"I'm here" I said to him he looks at me from my head to my toes before Specking again

"Let's go" and with the keys in his hands he opened the front door and stepped out I followed him and sat on the front seat with him by my side,my hands held them selves together while i kept  staring at my side of the window, after going out of our home and into some corners we got to a bridge and I decided to stop the slience in the room,actually car.

"So where did you get your tux from,because I remember you living without one" seriously Maryann of all things to ask this cruel soul?.

He's eyes were still on the road "that's none of your business" ouch!

"Oh..I'm sorry" this would be the last time I try to make a convo with him ever again if he thinks his all big and rude then two can play at that game.

Which i know i would be losing big time,i really believe fatima now my good will kill me .

We arrived at a huge mansion two times the size of ours,good looking expensive cars were parked outside, we found a parking spot and Othman parked there,he picked up his phone and typed a message to someone I picked up my own phone to check the time and it was 8:45pm he opened his door and so did I.

Othman came to my side with a darring look and spoke " remember what I told you" okay i believe he wasn't forced,but definitely he is on drugs.

We walked into the house my dress obviously mopping the gold marble tiles everything well almost everything was gold in colour,the chandeliers the curtains the chairs I finally see a familiar face Mrs McKinney!

"Othman,Maryann" she says as we made our way towards her,I  noticed a tall girl standing beside her why does she look familiar she smiled at me when we made eye contact while all this was happening Othman wrapped his fingers with mine which sent shivers down my spine,I tried letting go but he held me more firmly.

"Good evening Mrs McKinney" i greeted but i really don't think she heard me because while i said that Othman also greeted
"How are you?"

She laughed.

"Maryann you can call me mom i don't like being called Mrs McKinney,I'm good Othman how have you guys been..you know what?we will talk about all this later!,let me go have a look in the kitchen I think dinner is ready will be back in some minutes".

I think I'm one of the luckiest girls to have such a nice mother in-law she didn't wait for our reply as she left the tall girl stood In front of us,she had on a black dress with a black veil that covered some part of her hair,she screamed EVIl.

"Othman,its been a while...and who do we have here You look absolutely beautiful"

I smiled a little "thank you,you look good to" she giggled a little before she replied with a "thank you"she looked over to Othman and continued "girlfriend?"

Girlfriend... What does she mean by girlfriend...excuse me ma'am I'm his wife...which he doesn't love.

"wife" Othman answered.

"She is my wife" he repeats.

"Wife?" She says making a face like I was a bag of poo she  "no one told me you got married"

"Well no one should" he replied her with an angry tone before turning to me " let me introduce you to Zahira I'm sure she's in the kitchen" his hands still in mine

Oh wait I thought she was Zahira.. If she isn't Zahira then who is she?

The picture of Othman and Maryann's outfit would be on the next chapter

Dont forget

LIKE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

💪