3.Paint the town red

CHAPTER THREE

First day and a big day!

Beginnings are bizarre in my opinion.The fear of nothing happening as expected and the thrill of beginning something new creates a chaos.We can only try to give our best irrespective of the outcome we receive.

Here I am,living my dreams and waiting for my name to be called out so that I can meet my BOSS.I seriously need to thank Mr.Robin Hood,if he wasn't there to offer me a ride,I would have definitely screwed this up.Without my conscious I was tapping my foot against the ground,which I tend to do often when I am extremely nervous.

"Anika Raichand-"receptionist called.

I brushed my hands across my hair and took a deep breath before I was ready to meet the CEO of Fluke Designs.I slid open the door to be mesmerized by the interior of the cabin.Everything was just right in it's place,just beyond perfect.There sat a lady who was older than me and what I meant by 'old' is probably seven or eight years older than me.She was pretty and polished.A woman in power is like a growling thunder amidst the storm.Give her a wand and be prepared to witness the magic she wields.

"Have a seat,"she offered pointing at one of them,opposite to hers.

I paced smoothly without having a fall,lucky me.She had sapphire blue, sharp eyes just like Shivaay.Stop thinking,he isn't even here.

"I am Riddhi Rajput -"

"Yeah I know,"I blabbered out only to receive a mocking glare,with one eyebrows raised with amusement.

"I mean,who doesn't know you."Shit!Here I go with my lame attitude.I am going to end up losing this job even before I start.

There was an awkward silence.

"I am Anika Raichand,I applied here for my internship."I introduced myself breaking the ice.

"Yeah and that's the reason you are here,"she spoke with sarcasm dipping out of each word.I am definitely in trouble.

"Why did you apply here,in our firm?"she questioned.

"It's the best place which offers their interns to learn and experiment."I reasoned with a polite tone.After going through my resume,she handed the file back to me.

"You can get going,Lizzy will introduce you to your work,"she spoke.Wow,this was shorter than I expected.Mumbling out a thanks,I headed out to be received by a pretty blonde woman named Lizzy.

"Hey,I am Lizzy Evans and not a biological sibling of Chris Evans,"she giggled.This girl was definitely a hybrid of an Indian and an American and not to forget her sense of humour.

"Okay Miss.Captain America."We both giggled at my lame try in humour.

We both would surely get along pretty well until I don't do something stupid to get fired.

Lizzy introduced me to a few other interns and explained my work here.Setting up my place at work,I inhaled a long breathe.Damn,this place is more like a graveyard,all you can hear is indistinct silent conversation and fingers against keyboard and paper.

Am I going to last long here?Let's just wait for the time to answer that one.

I started sketching a few designs as said.There was a fashion week ahead and an intern who sketches the best outfit with a theme of ethic and modern contemporary will be a part of it.I bet it was more like race with no rules.

*****

"Hey Anika,it's time to go home,"she sang with rhythm.

"What,so early?"I pondered.