11.Dinner or Classes tonight?

CHAPTER ELEVEN

We walked inside my office together.Lizzy passed me a skeptical look as we walked through the reception desk.I offered her a polite smile.I knew that the moment she gets to know that Shivaay is my neighbour,the whole office would be aware of the same within a few hours.Lizzy was the tattle queen of our office and I didn't want to be a part of their gossip session as they talk about my life over a cup of coffee.Chai Sutta session was more like a club meeting where everyone gathered to discuss about their non existent sex life and speculating who's hooking with whom.

We walked past the reception area and I could feel Lizzy staring at our backs.I bid him a goodbye as he moved towards the conference hall and I paced towards my desk.I inhaled a deep breath as I occupied my seat, staring blankly at the monitor before me.

After a hour, I was exhausted working on my second design but the thought of him being in the same office as mine,kept me preoccupied.

"Anika?"

"Yeah, it's me. "

I looked up after saving the draft I was working on.The woman who called my name was dressed in a white shirt that was tucked perfectly in her pencil skirt complementing her slender waist.

"You are the intern selected then,"she said.

"Yeah." I replied proudly. I had earned it after all.

"Meet me at the creative head department, right now."She added sternly,giving an insight to her alter ego and before I could reply she was gone.

After winding my desk,I climbed upstairs to the creative department.I wondered if I had a label put across my head reading 'I am ready to put up with all your shit.' First my boss,then Shivaay though he did apologize and then this woman.

I knocked before I entered as I had no intention of repeating things.To my astonished fate there was a conference going on with all the investors. I had expected it to take place at the conference Hall.

There was a huge projector in the front and a square teak glass table at the middle.My boss was sitting right beside Shivaay and to his left sat the same woman with her stern expression. On the other side there were two older men and a young man, all dressed in formals with different shades of brown and black.

"Walk in Anika, grab a seat."Riddhi Rajput called out and I obliged. My steps were more cautious and tensed under the gaze of a certain blue orbed man.

"Gentlemen, this is our intern Anika Raichand  who will be designing the show stopper outfit under the assistance of our creative head, Shalini Debra."Within seconds,all the attention was at me.I squirmed under their gaze as I wasn't used to such myriad attention.

"How long is it?You working here." A man in his early sixties triggered all the built up tension that I had subsided a few minutes before.

"One month."I answered.

"Are you kidding Riddhi,she has been here for a month and you want her to design the show stopper?"

"You know me,Mr Sindh.I wouldn't appoint just an intern for such a huge project if I didn't believe in her credibility." Riddhi defended herself and somewhere she was supporting me,a massive support.

"Mr Sindh is right Mrs Rajput, we can't invest our money for nothing.Show stopper design is the highlight of any damn show and you can't take it lightly,"he roared. He was exactly around the same age as Mr Sindh.

"I am aware Mr Kholi and it's a massive turnover for my company as well. Being my investors, I would appreciate your trust in me,if not in my intern."