26.Peek-a-boo

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

What do we all do when we are clearly embarrassed?

We try our best to avoid the situation by staying yards away from it's proximity.Yep,that's exactly what I pulled up this morning.I wouldn't say I was embarrassed but I was petrified of the idea of seeing him after how things escalated last night.I don't know,it just felt right at that moment with him.It was just like a breeze that invaded all my ability to think.I felt alive being with him but I just couldn't put my shit together to face him,this morning.I sneaked out like some psychotic murderer from his apartment.As a result I was an hour early to my office.It feels good to be early to work if you are one among the people who clearly love being late.I grabbed some coffee on my way to work as caffeine is possibly my knight in shining armour as for now.

I sat in front of my desk in an empty office,twirling around in my chair.I also had to find a way to inform my parents about my growing relationship and not to forget Ross.I clearly haven't given her an idea about my relationship status though she did try to get that out from me.I just needed some time to sort out things before it set the forest on fire.

"Someone's early today."

"Shit,"I freaked.I just had a mini heart attack.I swirled around in my stool to find Riddhi flashing one of her infamous smirk.

"Day dreaming is clearly not good and specially when it's about my brother."She said grabbing a chair near by to sit.

"No,no.I was just-"

"You don't need to explain.I have been through that phase where your thoughts are invaded by that special someone,"she spoke as if she was recollecting her days.

"Riddhi?"

"Yeah."

"Can we grab some lunch together this afternoon,only if you are free.I just had-"she didn't allow me to complete.

"Questions?"I nod.

She knows.I am glad,I don't have to explain it to her.

"I am sure this whole lunch thing is something to do with my brother."

"Yeah,kind of,"I answered being a bit hesitant.

"Okay,be ready at one.I will meet you at the new restaurant down road."

"Thanks.I really appreciate that."

"You don't need to Anika.I am glad to help you if that meant something good to my brother."She smiled as she got back to her cabin.I wasn't sure if Shivaay would appreciate me discussing about him with his sister but I needed a basic outlook of his past.

Silence soon grew into a storm as people got in to their routine.I didn't have much work to do and I was quite engrossed going through the review's of yesterday's event.I was happy to know that people really did like the intricate of my design.There were a few disturbing comments too where they didn't like the fusion.Criticism is always a part of the deal and I have learnt to deal with that a long time ago.

"Anika!"

"God,Lizzy keep your voice down."She just made a face before settling on the chair beside mine but I definitely didn't miss that excitement written all over her face and on the other hand Rahul had followed her with a frown on his face as he settled in beside Lizzy.As if he was forced to take part in a crime.

"Girl,tell him you and Shivaay Singh Oberoi are dating."

My hands literally froze on the mouse as I was scrolling through a new set of response.I definitely didn't want them to know that.