18.I am done

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I wasn't going to cry and fuss over a man who didn't deserve me.He was right,I deserved someone better who could treat me the way I was expected to be.Yet here I am with wet cheeks consoling myself in the washroom of my freaking  office.I wonder why aren't we gifted with the ability to control our feelings for someone and why is it that we need to listen to our fist sized heart? Despite my effort to stop my tears or mourn over his betrayal,I just couldn't.There was a huge part of me that was fighting all the odds and dreamed about a future with him,a few weeks back, but I never thought we wouldn't be able to sustain a few weeks together,yet alone a future with this bastard.After all i have done,this is how he chose to reward me and my broken heart.

I could no longer recognize the girl with ambitions.I stared back in the mirror and saw a weak fragile-dumb witted lady crying over a guy who didn't respect her and their relationship.I still don't understand why he didn't find the necessity to inform me that his sister was none other than my boss.He has been lying to me from the beginning.

Just then I heard the knob of the door turn open.I wiped my cheeks which was strained with tears,in an attempt to conceal my misery.A girl walked in whom I recognised as an employee here.She didn't care to pass a glance at me  and I was glad she didn't.She walked into the restroom while I splashed the cold water against my face.Once I wiped my face with a tissue I stole a glance in the mirror.My eyes were bulged and red but I cared less.I walked out before the girl could come out of the restroom.The least I wanted was to be a subject of gossip for my fellow workers.

I had to present a presentation in today's meeting and I thought going through the slides once more may help my mind get rid of his thoughts.While I was busy altering a few changes someone tapped me on my shoulders and to my dismay it was Riddhi.

"Meet me in my cabin,"she ordered and walked away without any further information.I gathered the files that had the sketches and print outs of certain stuff from my pendrive.

As I pushed the door open I could see Riddhi,Shalini Debra-my obnoxious creative head,Rahul,Nandini,Afna and a few more gentlemen whom I didn't recognise.Rahul worked along with me as a clothing designer.He is olive in complexion with dark brown eyes and not to forget his defined jaw line.As usual he was dressed in a full sleeve t-shirt that clinged to his perfect arms.We bonded within a week given to the fact that we were both into clothing designing.He is jovial,kind and definitely not mysterious.He has been working in this office for past two years and is quite focussed at work and not to mention hard working.Nandini was in charge of accessory designing and she was in her mid thirties.She is an extremely adorable woman who offers her home made food despite my reluctance.She prepares the world's best gulab jamun and never forgets to pack one more box for me.Afna is just my age and she works as a footwear designer.She is extremely cheerful and most male employees here flirt with her and she doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

I sat beside Rahul and he offered me his usual charming smile that could make up for anyone's tough day.

"Good morning everyone.As all of you are aware of the fact that we have one more week before our big day.I want all of you here to put in your best and work your ass off for another week.Its a mighty opportunity for Fluke Designs to display it's best and let others know that we are the masters in this field."Riddhi addressed the gathering.

There was a huge applaud and then it was my turn to give a gist of our work.With a few discussions we were assigned with stuff.We had to contact the finalized models for rehearsals,keep a check on tailors,visit the spot and many more.Every time I glanced at Riddhi,I realized how dumb I was for not giving a thought to their striking resemblance as siblings.It reminded me of the shattered pieces of my heart that I had buried deep inside the ground.I was yet to come is terms with reality.Ignorance relieves you of your pain for few moments but there will be a time when you will have to face the pain which has been piercing your soul all this time.