34.The little one

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

It's not easy for me to dig the grave I had chose to burry long back although I kept visiting the cemetery each day of my existence.My past was not something I was fond of and today meeting that unworthy human could lead to a possibility of burning my semi-healed wounds.I wasn't sure if I was ready but I had no choice but to prepare myself for the worse.

I leaned back and closed my eyes to achieve a level of peace for the moment I dreaded.A rusty county music swept through the cab and the driver seemed to have developed a liking towards it as he tapped his fingers against the steering wheel in flow with the rhythm.It was surprisingly soothing and that reminded me the reason I had decided to end all the chaos of my past.

Saanvi was the reason I managed to harbor my angst aside after our parents died.She was just a three year old baby and it was time for me and Riddhi to pull up our pants as her guardian.I didn't get to fool around or get high at parties to let out my teenage pent up frustration or flat my ass all day playing video games but I never complained because that little girl was way more than all that even when I was a little boy with no much of sense.I literally raised her as my own kid.After my parents died it was my grandparents who took care of us.I was a part of her life as well as the reason she was no more. My grandparents passed away a few years later and it was Riddhi who managed things financially and she was more like the mother for the two of us.

I remember, at my 20th birthday,Saanvi had organized a Batman theme birthday.Well everyone thought I was just a crazy DC fan albeit I was a crazy Batman fan until 15 and then the teenage obsession met it's end.Back then when I was 13 I wanted this Batman robot but I couldn't ask for my grand dad to buy me one as he was working hard at that age to feed his grandkids.8 year old Saanvi drew me a Batman mask for my birthday and on my 20th birthday she gifted me a robot.It was just me and Riddhi who knew the actual reason behind it.She was our life.

"I hope you get a girl with short hair for your wife."These were her exact words.I had always liked her long hair and whenever I would get a chance I would chase her down with a comb.Despite her best effort of driving me away,I would still win.I would do her hair and mess up the braids by tangling them with wrong knots.Then she would chase me down with the same comb but for a different reason.I knew despite her denial she always liked me tangling her hair.

There was a time when Riddhi wasn't around as she had to go to London for her fashion gateway.It was the same time when Saanvi had her first period and I was just 18 then.I had no idea how to handle the situation although I knew what was menstruation.I rang up Riddhi and she asked me to stay calm and do as she tells. She asked me to get a pad from her closet.I rushed to the bathroom and handed the phone and the pad to Saanvi who was a train wreck.Well the sisters spoke and I stood outside the bathroom,scratching my neck.I was anxious and scared.After a few minutes which felt more like hours to me, Saanvi popped her head out and passed the phone back.The next thing she said was,"You guys are so lucky in terms of anatomy,so stop gawking and get a sandwich prepared by the time I am done with a bath."My little sister had indeed grown up and then on,it became more like a routine for me to prepare something she liked to eat every month.

When Riddhi had met Randheer,it was Saanvi who got the news first.When it was time to meet Randheer, Saanvi didn't waste a second and started her interrogation.I had so much prepared to scare the guy as a typical to be brother in-law but Saanvi just didn't give me a chance to speak.Later Riddhi kept on teasing as Saanvi was more the man than I am.But these two women were my life and I had vowed a long back to guard them with my life but I failed terribly.

The memories kept flashing by as time passed.

Once I reached the place, I took a deep breath. It was time and that was all I knew at this moment.I got inside the elevator of what seemed like the longest skyscraper.Once I reached the 15th floor, I was welcomed by dead silence around.I opened my message in my cell and knocked on the door no. 203 as it read.I knocked again, harder this time. The door opened wide,revealing the man himself.One among the five rapists.
_____________________________
I know I was on a break!
I hate saying 'I was on a break' though I am no Ross(F.R.I.E.N.D.S).But I had to keep my distance from wattpad and the second I installed the app again,I decided to update.

So let me know your thoughts and do vote .Sorry for such a short crappy update.Next one will be better.