30.Her world

CHAPTER THIRTY

NYC
Years pass by,seasons pass by but the truth of reality doesn't let you go by without a hard time.Years back when I had decided it was time to move on,I had never thought that love would make it in my 'move on' list.Yet my life explored its dimensions and did knock on the not so expected path.I just knew that I had to knock my walls down if I had to experience something new.

I had made a choice.I was ready to board a flight to New York with Anika.I consider that as a progress.If we were meant to be together for a lifetime,I see no point in avoiding it then.I had postponed my meetings,altered my plans in office just to be with her.I had began to notice changes in me and that was the effect she had on me.

"Ma wanted to come to airport to pick us up,"she said,brushing her hair aside.We were standing in NYC airport waiting for her mother to arrive.Anika had slept like a log throughout the journey,I guess it was really difficult to put up with me after all.I had used the opportunity to gaze through my life while she slept.

"I know,you said it earlier,"I said with a snitch of amusement.She was definitely nervous,probably about introducing me to her family.

"Knock that smirk off,"she reported with scoff.

"Anika take a deep breath.It will be fine.I am not that bad with parents,as a matter of fact parents tend to like me."I said.

"Is it?How many parents did you have to meet?"She scoffed.

"Well,let me count," I said,counting on my fingers.Soon she had a smile on her face as she watched me count.

Placing my arm over her shoulders,I pulled her by my side."It will be fine."

After a few minutes,a lean woman in her forties approached us.She was definitely Anika's mother.Her facial features were noticeable.She had sun glasses on her eyes and was dressed in a casual shirt and jeans.She walked each step with confidence.

"Ma,"Anika squealed as she embraced her mom in a tight hug.

"Look at you,are you having food at all?" her mom quizzed.

"Ma,not now.Please."

"As you say,but you aren't leaving NYC until you gain a maximum of 2 pound more."

Anika eyed her mother in horror but I was having a hard time controlling my laugh.

"Ma,meet Shivaay." Anika introduced me,looping her arms in mine.

"Nice to meet you Shivaay.Aren't you her neighbour?"She asked,amused.

"Well,he has been upgraded to boyfriend status,"Anika said with a mock humour.

"Why don't we move,we can speak once we are in our place.Your dad will be very pleased with the recent upgrade in his daughter's life,"Her mother said in an attempt to tease Anika.

"Sure."I said.The ride to their place was awkward.Anika and her mom were catching up and there were names of people uttered who I had no idea about.

"So Shivaay, is it your first time here?"Anika's mom asked with her eyes on the road.

"No auntie,I actually graduated from Columbia University. So this place has been my home for around four years."

"Oh.Do you have any relatives here or were you staying in dorms? "

"I actually stayed in a frat house near by to the university."Those were the days I had enjoyed the most. Life in a frat house is no less than an adventure alone.

"That sounds like an experience for lifetime,"her mom added.

"Sure is."

After a long ride, we had reached her place.They definitely had a huge fence. Her mom walked ahead while Anika stayed behind as we collected our luggage. She offered a comfy smile before we walked inside.Her place was definitely what you call a home.It was magnificent row house, which flaunts a small yet dainty garden at the entrance. As you enter you will see an elegant formal living room attached to which is a stylish and chic family dining room. Adjacent to it is a kitchen which is fashionably an open one.There are translucent curtains running throughout the house and the entire house is painted in light cream tint,bringing in the required brightness and airiness.

"Look whose here," exclaimed a masculine voice.

"Pa," Anika acknowledged her dad with a wide smile as they hugged each other.

"Who is this fine gentleman beside you? " her dad asked with curiosity lacing his tone.

"This is Shivaay."

"Your neighbour?"he asked Anika.

"Your daughter has upgraded him to her boyfriend."He didn't look much surprised,his reaction was similar to a person who knew it was bound to happen.He offered a genuine smile. We settled down on the sofas in the living area.

"So Shivaay, what do you do for a living?"her dad asked.

"I am an entrepreneur,uncle."

"That's impressive. So is my daughter working under you?"

"No,technically she works for my sister." I answered.

He hummed in response and I could say he wanted to quizz me with more questions but yet he was controlling himself from doing such.Guess it's just the protective instinct of a father who wants to know about the guy his daughter is dating.

"Anika, why don't you show Shivaay his room. I am sure you guys are having a jet lag.We can catch up later at dinner, "her mom offered.

Anika got up instantly, eyeing me to follow her. I got up quietly offering a gentle smile to both of her parents before following her.
_____________________
A/N-I know it's been like ages since I last updated. I am sorry for disappearing without a word.
I hope all of you are fine?