17.Did I hear a broken heart?

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

"Anika,have your breakfast before you leave,"Shivaay yelled from his kitchen.I was making use of his study to complete my designs.His study is calm and peaceful.He insisted that his study was more suitable than my dinning table.Due date to finalize the designs was hovering over my head.

"Shivaay,I need to leave in another fifteen minutes,I will grab something in canteen."

He entered the study room with a plate full of khichdi and insisted on feeding me while I did my work."These designs look amazing,"he said as he continued feeding me his delicious khichdi.

"You are saying that to flatter me and you are being biased,"I commented,pulling his cheeks on either side.I did it on purpose as he hated it and I loved irritating him.

"Probably,but you can't blame me.Everything related to you looks beautiful to me,"he said with a wolfish grin.I pecked him on his cheek for a reward and nowadays these rewards have turned out to be consistent.

"I like it better on the lips,"he said as he placed the empty plate on the table.My face flushed red with his teasing and I ended up drinking another glass of water to cool myself.

He pulled my chair closer towards his and leaned forward.I grabbed his jaw steadily and planted a firm kiss on his lips.I got up,pushing his chair backwards and hurried towards the door after picking up my bag and design sheets.I stood still at the door and turned back.

"That was short,"he complained with a sly grin.

"Saving the longer version for tonight,"I teased.

"Will be eagerly waiting,"he said with a wink.I laughed at his silly antics as I left his place.It was a bit weird that he didn't insist on dropping me today.Despite gifting me a two wheeler he insists on being my chauffeur and I have learnt not to argue over it as at the end he is the one who usually wins.At times my work piles up and I end up working overtime but he is always there to pick me up.Speaking of my appetite,I can conclude it's well maintained and the credits definitely goes to him.He never let's me work with my empty stomach and I end up having breakfast at his place.Well this substantiates the fact that I don't need to do grocery shopping anymore.He has learnt to confide things with me like for starters he gives me a gist of his hectic day and employees while I sit there wondering how well planned and executed he is.No wonder how successfully he manages his firm.Few times I end up sleeping in his bed as I fuss and curse over my hectic life but he being a patient listener never complains,instead he tuck's my hair to soothe me down.These gestures are his way of confession I assume.When he senses my temper he puts it off with a gentle kiss and I can't help but get into a pillow fight.

Its been a week since I had a prep talk on my feelings with Ross and that reminds me of one more week left for my debut as a fashion designer.Its hard to believe that it's been three months since I moved to Mumbai.In these few months me and Shivaay have learnt to deal with each other.But the constant insecurities about our relationship often creeps up.At times I find myself pondering if I am on the right path,is this just a fling or am I getting carried away but at the end I shrug it off when I settle in his arms on his couch,ready to grab a nap after tiresome work.And we will be celebrating our one month anniversary this coming week.

****

After arriving to my office,I head to the meeting organised by Shalini.We cancel out a few changes in the design and she offers a few of her suggestion which I might consider.I head towards my desk after the meeting.