7.My flight in sky

CHAPTER SEVEN

I couldn't come up with a new design,all I did was to scribble something on the paper,crumple it and throw it aside on the desk.I couldn't concentrate.My thoughts were occupied by a certain guy who lived next door.The extent of emotions I felt regarding him was something I had never felt before and this scared me.If only I had the ability to direct my thoughts, I would have shut the idea of him completely.This felt unhealthy,as in obsessing over a man who I met a month before, give or take.I was ridiculed my the mere thought of us.It was probably just a fatal attraction and nothing more.I just hope it fades away with time.

The reason I called it fatal was because I had reached an extent where I was intrusive enough to research him on the internet.This frustrated me.Letting out an audible sigh,I slumped back on my desk.I decided to shut the logical reasonable part of me and went ahead to Google him.

Typing his name in the search engine,I tapped on search.I went through each blog and websites but I couldn't find what I wanted to.Instead there were a few articles regarding his achievements,international business deals and mergers.

He maintained his private life well,without the intervention of media and fame.Anyone in his place would have flaunted their wealth,power,position and what not.Not that I judged anyone who did.It's a matter of choices and priorities I suppose. Just before I could browse through a few more articles I was terrified by the presence of an audible stern voice.

"I believe you are here to learn and work?"

My immediate reflex was to close all the browsing sites.I went completely blank.With widened petrified orbs,I got up from my seat, facing my boss,Riddhi Rajput.

I am fired for sure!There wasn't a doubt. An intern who's slacking behind with respect to work and not to forget the sites she may have seen on the computer screen.

"Mam-I was just-I-"

I couldn't come up with any excuse.Should I just lie that he is my boyfriend?No,she would probably be knowing him as according to an article I read before,had mentioned his company sponsoring the fashion week held by Fluke Design,last year.

"Back to Earth girl,"she waved her hand before me.Her facial expressions were fathomless as usual but mine was worth watching.

"I just stumbled upon a random article and-"I stammered.This was such a lame reason,just as lame as me.She arched her eyebrows in suspicion but soon relaxed.I just hope I am able to work until my internship.

"Where are your CAD designs?"

"I prefer doing them on paper,"I reasoned,looking everywhere except her.

"You better get used to CAD,we are in 21st century for heaven's sake,"she retorted.I couldn't argue with that and I hushed myself to keep my mouth shut.

She forwarded her hand and I was bewildered by her action.Soon my pathetic senses realised that she wanted to look at my designs.With a snide-awkward smile I handed over my designs.

I could tell,she was impressed as she went through each sheet though they were not yet completed.I mentally patted my back.It's good to acknowledge yourself at times.

"Everyone,a minute here."She said louder than usual and that was enough to grab everyone's attention as I had already mentioned,my office was no less than a graveyard.