10.Let's try

CHAPTER TEN

"You are?"I scoffed,jerking my hand away from his hold.

Was he feeling guilty or is it all an act to reclaim his throne of being a gentleman.If it's an act,he better leave me alone.

"Anika,I sincerely apologize for what I did the other day.I wasn't in my right mind.I was driven by anger."

"Whatever may be the reason,you were mean and rude to me.Probably you were driven by anger but that doesn't give you an excuse to channelize your frustation towards me."I argued.

"I know.If I could take back the words I said,I would,"he asserted his plea.

"But you wouldn't be able to take back the amount of hurt I felt."I said.Remembering all the things he said in his office which still made my heart bitter.

He was quite and an awkward silence prevailed.He was confused and disappointed.I do understand the fact that a person has no control over his tongue when he is subjected to anger.

"Look I know,I was an ass to channel all my frustration towards you-"I didn't let him complete.

"You acted more like a bloody moron,"I retorted back.He let out a chuckle at my statement,starring at me with amusement and glee.Is he alright,I wondered.I just called him a moron and he finds it entertaining.Weird.

"I am sorry,I didn't mean to laugh-"He smiled again.Stop grinning,its irritating.I was supposed to be angry at him.

"Just that,I expected you to call me worse after how I behaved,"he admitted that he was sorry after all he did.

"I was not in a mood that day and I ended up channeling my anger towards the first thing I found,you.I had merely forgotten about the appointment I had with fluke design's.The moment you left my office-cabin,I wanted to come after you and apologize but I gathered you would want some time alone after what happened."Sudden guilt overpowered him and I could say he was truly feeling apologetic.

"Thing,am I commodity?"I tried teasing him.

"No-no,wrong usage of words.That's not what I meant.You are not a commodity, you are a human-"he stuttered and his words made no sense.He was nervous and quite tensed when I teased him and he looked so innocent though he wasn't.I couldn't help smiling at him.

"Words have the power to build and destroy.You chose to hurt me."

"I can never imagine hurting you."His eyes depicted his sadness.

"But you did,"I retorted.

"Yes and it killed me."

He wants someone to tear up his four walls in which he choses to hide but his mind will never allow him.I want him to let me in,help him heal himself but I have no idea why I wanted to help him,after all he is just a neighbour.

"What do you want?"I asked.

"Umh-Forgiveness?"

"Granted,"I said.

"I want something more,if it's not too much to ask for,"he grinned.He rubbed the back of his neck with his palm,he did the same for a couple of times in the past few minutes.Probably that's his way of coping when he gets tensed,like I tap my feet repeatedly when I am nervous.