19.Rays of hope

CHAPTER NINETEEN

I got up steadily from his bike,holding on to Rahul's arms for support,trying my best not to look into those intimidating blue orbs staring at me from a distance.To my loathing fate,Rahul didn't display any intentions of a quick goodbye instead he got down from his bike,placing his helmet aside.He looked utterly clueless and bewildered. Shivaay clearly wasn't pleased by Rahul's gesture as his blue orbs kept staring at Rahul.

I stood idle,looking at the two men exchanging awkward glances.Well,I had no idea if I had to walk past Shivaay ignoring his presence or was it my moral duty to invite Rahul inside and introduce the two men.I suppose the latter was not a good idea considering the situation.

"I will meet you tomorrow."I flashed one of my brightest smile at Rahul.I know it was rude to not invite him inside for a glass of water or perhaps coffee,but I needed space. He returned one of his charming smiles and after a few seconds all I could hear was the engine roaring down the streets.I walked past Shivaay without passing him a mere glance.

"You didn't answer my calls."Though the question was directed to me,I ignored him brutally.Once we were inside the elevator,he turned towards me,expecting an answer to his question.

"I was at work,"I answered.I wasn't answerable to any of his questions but I didn't want to create a scene considering the scenario right now.My mind wasn't at it's best and I didn't want to carry the regret of saying something I didn't mean just because I was a victim of my anger.

"I am sure you did notice my missed calls."I could clearly see he was pissed,not that I cared.

"I did,I was just busy enough to not call you back,"I lied and it clearly triggered his annoyance.

"I could clearly see how busy you were,"he taunted and I bet he was indicating Rahul.

I decided to shrug his sarcasm and taunting.He was no longer in a position to question me after his betrayal.He expects me to be answerable to all his questions while he clearly ignores mine, excluding the fact that he hides pretty much everything.

He was in no mood to back out. He stood there staring at me and I walked past him,outside the elevator. I could hear his footsteps behind. I chose to ignore him as I made my way upstairs. I unlocked my door and he was standing right beside me. To my surprise he just walked in, closing the door after I walked inside.Switching the lights on,I paced through my kitchen to grab a bottle of cold water in refrigerator.I badly needed to calm my nerves and what better than cold water to serve the purpose

"I don't get it-"

He stopped halfway before completing his sentence. Did he expect me to point out what was wrong, then definitely I am not doing any such.

"Is something wrong?"His tone was very much pleading and he seemed anxious.It hurts me to witness him in pain but a part of me believes he deserves it.

Tying up my hair in a loose bun, I started cleaning up the dishes.I just needed to pretend to be ignorant so that he could just walk out leaving me alone.

"Anika, please. Just talk to me,"he spoke timidly.

It aches,I wanted to yell at him. I wanted to cry my heart out,ask him what wrong did I do to deserve this.I wanted to ask him if he didn't trust me enough with his secrets or wasn't I deserving to be a part of his life but I had to control my feelings.