8.Do I know him?

(SOUND TRACK-WILDEST DREAM)

CHAPTER EIGHT

"Anika-"

I turned back,surprised that someone knew me here.It was Meera,she was dressed in blue shirt and black jeans.

"What are you doing here?"she asked,curiously.

"I am here on behalf of my company to invite Shivaay for the investors board meeting,"I replied.

"Oh,he is probably busy I guess.He was in a meeting last time I checked.Do you have an appointment?"

"Yeah."

"Let's get in."She motioned towards the open elevator.We got inside and gladly there was no one,except us.

"I was thinking of coming to your apartment today.I wanted to invite you to my farewell party."

"Farewell party?"

"Yeah.Remember I told you about a documentary crew that was in search for a wildlife photographer?"

I remember her mentioning that she had sent a few pictures as a sample but she wasn't sure if she would get selected.

"You got selected?"I asked.My eyes grew wide in excitement.

"Yes,"she squealed.

"They aren't offering any money for the job but they will cover all the expenses of food and stay.Moreover,once this documentary gets completed,they will refer my name to other organisations.I get the credits and exposure."

"I am so happy for you,"I said,embracing her.

"How did Kabir react?"I asked.

We got off the lift and continued walking together.

"He was ecstatic.He did seem a bit disappointed over the fact that we will not be able to see each other for two months. But he was mostly happy for me.After years of struggle,I finally get to do what I love."

"I am sure this phase of your life will not only boost your career but also your relationship."I tried providing her some relief as a friend.

"That's exactly what Shivaay said."She giggled.

"He consoled Kabir saying that this distance will fuel our passion for each other.Kabir did sound a bit relieved after his conversation with Shivaay."She added,smiling fondly.

"That's good."

She nodded and after guiding me towards the hallway she bid me goodbye and walked the other direction.With each step towards his cabin,my anxiety increased.On a scale from one to ten,I would rate my anxiety nine.

After walking a few steps,I was there.The door of his cabin was shut,his name was embarked with golden letters and the term CEO was written next to his name.I knocked my knuckles slightly against the door.There was no answer from the other side of the door.I pushed open the door,partially.I peeped inside but couldn't find him so I walked inside without giving a second thought.

I stood there amazed with the interior of his office.In the middle there was a huge modern dark-wood desk that six people could comfortably eat around. It matches the coffee table by the couch. Everything else is peach-ceiling, floors and walls.Elegant and classic is all I could think.