24.OTP-one true pairing

CHAPTER- TWENTY FOUR

Riddhi and Randheer were the couple whom you refer to as an 'OTP'.The way he looks at her when she speaks is like a mirage in a dessert.I never would have guessed that Riddhi is a sort of person who doesn't bother public display of affection if I hadn't witnessed it myself.There wasn't an inch left between them as they sat beside each other and her hands would often be intertwined with his or it would be resting on his thighs,knitting patterns of love.

"Anika,I am sure Riddhi wouldn't fire you if you speak a word,"Randheer said followed by a brief laugh.That's when I realized I hadn't spoken much apart from a few nods at questions when asked.

"Hey,I am no Hitler at my work place. " Riddhi retorted with a pout.

"I know,just helping your brother's girlfriend relax a bit."Randheer said,pulling Riddhi close by her waist.I gasped at the word girlfriend as I still wasn't used to people referring us as a couple.

My eyes followed the man responsible for this. He was playing lego's with Raunak.He looked relaxed and calm.He wasn't fighting with himself or any nasty bits of his past.Family is what a man needs after all.Raunak kept dismantling all the lego pieces that Shivaay had built and this led Shivaay to tickle Raunak until he promised not to do it again.But kids are too young to keep promises and just as expected Raunak did it again and burst out laughing.

"You are the first girl he has ever had a true relationship with."Randheer said.His gaze was fixed at Shivaay as though it was the first time he has seen Shivaay this happy.

"You make him happy,Anika."This time it was Riddhi who spoke.She rested her head on her husband's shoulder as she continued to adore her brother with a huge grin.Shivaay was ruffling Raunak's hair and the little guy kept on protesting but his mamu kept on doing it,irritating  him further.Good thing that Shivaay couldn't hear us as he was seated on the opposite end of the living area,constructing a home of lego's.

"He makes me happy too,"I agreed.

The couple flashed a huge smile and there was a huge silence as the three of us couldn't stop staring Shivaay who was acting more like a kid.

"How did you guys meet?"I asked out of sheer curiosity.I would have asked it earlier if my boyfriend hadn't distracted me with his smile.

"That's a story to be remembered," Randheer said as though he was back in time when he meet Riddhi.

"I was always found of kids and a friend of mine had a meeting to attend which popped out of no where.She had an appointment with a pediatrician for her two year old kid.Fortunately I was dying out of boredom that day.She called me asking whether I could take Mishti instead.I agreed."

Riddhi paused looking at Randheer and it was his cue to continue.

"Well call it destiny or fate,I was Mishti's pediatrician.Riddhi's entry in my life was more like a havoc.Her hairs were disheveled,her top was crumpled and not to forget her scared-confused face as she held cranky little Mishti in her arms.The little girl didn't have her mother to console her in her fever and the little kid had vented out its pain and frustration towards Riddhi by crying non stop and making it scary for her."

I was so engrossed in his story that I had no idea about Shivaay's presence beside me until he spoke.

"Riddhi and scared!That's definitely worth billions,"Shivaay chuckled.His sister aimed a cushion right at him and he successfully doged it but he couldn't stop laughing.

"Where's Raunak?" Randheer asked.

"He is watching his favourite Ice age and I would die if I watched it for what say- 60th time."He replied.

The room felt more alive with air filled with genuine laugh but the curiosity bug in me killed it.

"Then?What happened?"

Shivaay looked amused at my curiosity in his sister's love life."I am sorry but I am sucker for real stories,"I reasoned.

"Uh,I was amazed, looking at her state of grief as she stood at the door step."

"I must have looked like a disaster,"Riddhi whined.

"No,you looked like the most beautiful woman I had ever seen,"Randheer comforted her as he placed a sloppy kiss at side of her head.

I would be the one saying 'aww' if I wasn't dying out of curiosity."Then?"I asked breaking their moment.

"Randheer complete it.Someone is dying to hear our epic love story,"Riddhi smirked and my idiotic boyfriend laughed as he intertwined our hands.

"Uhm,that was my first appointment with the kid and I assumed Riddhi was her mother.It was a moment where I felt sparks and disappointment at the same time.After treating Mishti,the little kid looked relaxed and had stopped crying.That's when Mishti's mother arrived and I realised Riddhi wasn't her mother,my heart exploded with joy."

"Did you ask her out?Take her number or something?"I asked.

"No,I did none.I just didn't know what to do and I sat there in my office watching her leave with her friend.Call it sixth sense that kept on telling me that this wasn't the last time we would be meeting each other and my gut feeling turned out right."

Riddhi continued "I had an instant crush on Mishti's pediatrician and less did I know that one day he would be the father of our child.Then I started to find excuses to meet him like every time Mishti had an appointment for vaccination or something,I would tag along.As my visits increased,we exchanged numbers,went out on a date,fell in love and got married at last."

Tis was no less than a fairy tale.I guess some people do find true love and happy endings.I sighed.I badly wanted one with Shivaay right now.These two adorable couple had uplifted my expectations in love.

"You guys are definitely 'OTP'. " I exclaimed and in my subconscious state I had knitted an happy ending of ours.I had sat clinging to Shivaay,enveloping his hands in mine by the end of their story.

"I don't know if we are perfect but we are perfect together.We have our share of fights like the terrible ones where you want to quit but the art of falling in love again and again with each other is something that binds us together."Riddhi kissed him on the cheeks.

"Hey I am used to you guys making out in front of me but I am sure Anika doesn't want to see this,"Shivaay exclaimed as he placed his palms on my eyes.I shrugged his hands away from my eyes as Riddhi giggled.

"Ma,I am hungry."

"It's ten past eleven.C'mon guys lets have dinner."Riddi said.

We all sant down around the dinning area devouring kadai panner with roti.Nothing beats our Indian crusine.
________________________________
A/N-I am so sorry for not updating earlier.
So do you guys ship Riddhi and Randheer? Any couple names for them?