~Chapter 28~ Gleam of Light

~Video+Music Belongs to NyxTheShieldOFFICAL~

Third Person POV

As Nightmare tightens the grip onto Outer more, Killer then charges towards his former boss, and used his elbow to push Nightmare towards to the wall quickly, which forces Nightmare to let go of the skeleton.

The Tar skeleton was smashed into the wall and Outer was thrown while Nightmare was being hit, he was rolled onto the ground and groaned once he fully stop, he tried to get up but the pain kept him from being able to get up. 

He coughed and a bit of blood was shown on his hand, and he trembled...meanwhile Nightmare growled and quickly charged towards Killer. He grabbed him by this tentacles and threw him towards the ground, Killer was shaking but he knew one thing... he couldn't give up just now.

He was doing this for Papyrus, everyone who he killed and Outer... and the Child was yelling at him to stop this, but for once he refused to listen.

He spat out some blood and let out a 'tch' sound,Nightmare only stared and his smile became ripped and his only visible eyesocket widened, Killer only smirked and attacked him.

Underswap Sans still couldn't believe his eye-sockets... he was staring at Dream's crown with tears dripping, he then picked up the crown and held the crown close. Missing his dear friend which kept him off guard, Dust then came behind Swap and was about to attack, but Ink then attacked Dust with his brush and looked at Underswap.

"That was pretty deadly, come on you got to concentrate!" Ink said to Swap, but he only trembles and looked at Ink with tears dripping down his cheek-bones and a scrunched up skull.

"How can I Ink?! He was killed in-front of our eyes! he. he wanted everyone to be happy and his brother finally killed him..." Underswap spoke sadly, Ink only blinked but gave a goofy smile and spoke.

"Don't worry, Dream isn't really gone... he'll always be with us! He wouldn't want to see you sad and allow Nightmare to win, come on he'd want all of us to stay positive." Swap then blinked and wiped his tears and puts down Dream's crown next to the pile of dust and gave his signature smile.

"Of course! Mweheheheh! The Magnificent Sans is determined to stop Nightmare's plans!" Underswap Sans yelled out, Ink nodded and the two finally joined the battle.

Outer's POV

I lied on the hard stone ground and felt all the pain that filled my entire body, I trembled but I desperately tried to get up and I held onto the wall. I saw drips of blood trickles down the wall that is coming from my finger-tips, goodness I feel so weak and useless right now. 

A damsel in distress... but male and a skeleton, I then glanced over towards where Dream's crown and dust is and stared.

"He didn't deserve to go that way" I thought... and I sighed to myself, then with what strength I've had, I then lifted myself and held on the wall, but suddenly I felt myself being wrapped into the familiar slimy tentacle and I groaned.

"Really!? Can I please get a break from this!?" I thought to myself once again, and was rapidly pulled away from the wall and I saw myself seeing Killer in-front of me, trapped in the tentacles as well.

He had lots of scratches all over his bones, his jacket was partially ripped and he was trembling and held a tight grip onto his weapon, then he saw me and we stared at each-other...his skull formed into a look of regret and I only frowned and slightly looked away.

"Aww Look at that. The two lovebirds are sad to see each-other. Such a pity really..." Nightmare spoke and I felt my soul pound slightly... I then face my skull towards Killer, I tried to make eye-contact with him to see if what Nightmare said was true, I can't tell if it was from his instincts or he is messing with our emotions.

I notice Killer tried to not make any eye-contact as his cheek-bones raised into a blue hue...I then slightly feel my cheek-bones get warm.

"Ugh don't feel that right now." Nightmare then turned me around to force me to face him, and my eye-sockets widen as he glances at Killer.

"Get this clear, I get what I want. No matter whoever gets in my way, whether it's my family, or someone that I don't even care about, I will get what will be mine." I feel my non-existent breath get shallow, and then Killer realizes what he is about to do.

"NO! Don't you Fucking DARE!" He yelled at Nightmare, and then he looked at Killer... his skull showed a face full of wrath, then Nightmare threw me into the wall...again.

"Opps." Nightmare said, and Killer quickly got out of his grip and ran towards me, I felt a warm liquid trickle down my skull and in-front of my eye-sockets... everything then started to turn into a slight grey and I turned my skull towards Killer and he held me close to him.

"Outer! are you ok?! Gosh dammit, you'd better be." He said and I wheezed slightly, then slightly nodded as he brought me closer to him.

Even within all this pain I'm feeling, I feel relaxed, the familiar and beautiful soul beats returned... I then coughed and looked up to him and we finally made eye-contact, and for once... his eye-sockets had lit up, they were no longer empty I then raised my hand up to his cheek-bone and rubbed it.

He stared at me confused but the tint of blue remained on his skull, and slowly he put his other hand over mine...the warm touch that I missed dearly those days ago, and I gave a small smile and felt my eye-sockets were shaking but I was happy.

"Y'know...before this journey I've always thought you were some ruthless murderer, but after getting to know you... you're just a skeleton with a broken soul...going through genocide, killing your brother out of insanity...although I don't know how that feels... the pain was really harsh for you... you're a good skeleton... and I admit, I admire your bravery of that agony you went through all of that...and..." I tremble slightly and cough out some blood that leaves a trail of blood leaving from my smile, and I stuttered out.

"I even like ya..." I cough out again and Killer's skull increases more of the beautiful shade of blue, and my skull increases of the heat.

"Outer..." Killer spoke out and gave a smile of relieve and I gave a smile back to him as well, and felt tears fall down my cheek-bones.

"w..welp, this journey was a real killer..." I cough out and wheeze.

Third Person POV

With the love and happiness the two skeletons brought, a bright light then occurred where Dream's dust is... the light then formed into the skeleton we're all know as the protector of positivity.

Nightmare then turned towards the light and hissed, and spoke out.

"YOU CAN'T EVEN STAY DEAD FOR ONE DAY!?" Nightmare yelled, and the bright light reduced slightly but still shined, currently the room was filled with joy and happiness, along with love...

The now resurrected Dream used his magic to pull out his bow and arrow that shimmered full of light, and Nightmare hissed at the sight of it, he then aimed towards Nightmare and inhaled and lets go.