Chapter 15: Proud, Never Disappointed (cont'd)

It was currently 11:45 pm and i was giving King a late night bath since he was sleeping earlier. Reagan had called me while i was making dinner, saying she had made it back to school and she missed me. We held a small conversation since i had to pick up the kids from school earlier.

Everybody was sleeping and Jaimee still haven't got in as yet. We argued about the same mentality she had when she was working at the shop and it seems as if she hadn't learn from her past mistakes. I didn't even try to call her this time.

Giving King his pacifier, i turned his lights off and went to the living room where Jasmine was studying for a test she had next week. I laid in the sofa with King in my arms and he kept slapping my face.

"Yo chill." i pushed his hands away only for him to slap me harder.

"No." i heard him say.

"You better have that same energy when you hungry again."

"No."

"I ain't even bouta argue with you. You wild." i said.

"Goodnight." she told me before picking up her stuff and leaving the living room.

"Aite.... Yo King chill." i took his hand from my beard. "Everytime you laying with me you gotta act violent like yo mother my nigga whats good?"

"Mama." he put his hand in my mouth.

"I ain't yo mama. Say dada."

"Mama."

"She ain't here yet." i said while texting Anais. Since i was laying down, King stood on my shoulders and leaned over the couch handle at which he started babbling and boosting himself off so i had to hold onto him.

King started getting loud for no reason so i placed him on the carpet to crawl around, just as i heard the door open and closed. So i know it must be Jaimee.

"Sorry I'm late. I had no intention to come home at this time." she said once she got in the living room with a real apologetic look on her face.

"Where you coming from?" i put my phone down.

"I was.... I got stuck on the highway cause my tire blew out."

"Yo King stop all that yelling."

"No!"

"King behave." she said and he placed his pacifier in his mouth, crawling over to her and she picked him up.

"Your tire blew out, and you didn't think to call me."

"I was gonna call you but some guy helped me."

"What time was that?"

"At eleven."

"And it's now minutes to 1 in the morning. He must be a real handicap if he can't put on a spare tire in less than 15 minutes. That's all it takes. So ima ask you again, where the fuck you coming from? And don't lie to me cause i stop lying to you years ago."

"Babe I'm telling the truth." she said.

I stood from my seat and she placed King back on the floor, stepping away from me.

"Where you going?" i held onto her neck.

"Nowhere." she spoke softly.

I pulled her close to me and let her go. I analyzed her; how she was looking at me, her body language and lastly how she smelt. I knew when my wife was lying.

"Who was the nigga?"

"What?"

"Who was he? Why he touched you?"