*Chapter 21: Power In Her Name ++

"You're not." she stated. "Going to college tests your strength and weakness, it gives you time to think about what you actually wanna go for, it prepares you for the real world and you meet some people that might be valuable in the near future. I felt like i was gonna waste my time if i went to college. But i was wrong. If i did went to college, i would be making four times the amount of money I'm making now."

"How much are you making."

"2.5 billion dollars a year. And that's not alot for a woman who have a large family, kids going to university, doing sponsorships and investing in upcoming companies. I invest my money so i can get back. I give, to receive, if you know what I'm saying. And i feel like your dad is more of the business type than me. He acts dumb sometimes but when it comes to business, don't nobody can talk to him or tell him bullshit. We both wanted to go to college but the funds wasn't there for me."

"What do you mean?"

"I wanted to go to college and since we were boyfriend and girlfriend at that time, anywhere i went, he wanted to go and vice versa. My mom didn't have the money but his parent's did. He was suggesting that maybe his parents could send the both of us to college but i know if i brought it up to my mom, she would fuss about how much she couldn't pay them back so i should just find a job. And just like i said it, it happen. I ended up finding a job at a salon and got fired, then, your dad started me off with a building before he left."

"Left to where??"

"The army for the first time. You wouldn't remember but all i can say is that, if it wasn't for him, i wouldn't be where i am right now."

"But aunty Jalissa went to college. She went but not you."

"She borrowed a loan for her."

"Why she couldn't do it with you."

"I don't know. And it wouldn't matter now cause I'm rich as fuck." she rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue making me giggle. "Moral of the story is that, a degree proves that you have valuable skills like studying independently, meeting deadlines and shows that you have some passion for your subject. And that will mean something to future employers because everyone is looking for persons with degree. It's all about skills."

"Okay. Mom how many colleges did you and dad got accepted at?"

"We applied to 6 and i got accepted at 3 while he got accepted at all 6."

"So dad's smarter than you?"

"And he acts like a total dick." she rolled her eyes.

I giggled. "Do you miss him?"

"I do." she sighed and picked on her food. "You know Reagan got locked up?"

"What?"

"Yeah. Some girl was talking shit about y'all father and Reagan gave the girl a concussion and a busted lip." she said and i laughed.

"She did good. When will she come out?"

"In 5 months. I hope i don't have to fly out to Nasir cause that boy is some problems."

"Nasir's settling now. His little girlfriend doing him good." i said and she gave me a small smile.

I kinda figured that with dad leaving, she was getting emotional if he was brought up in a conversation. My parents were like one. He was the left and she was the right. They can't do without each other. So i know these years were gonna be tough. Worst if she had thoughts about him dying since he would be travelling to three different places for war.

"Uhmm uh. Oh, what did your lawyer say?" i tried to change the subject.

"Your aunt; says alota stuff i can hardly remember but all i know is that I'm getting that 30 million dollars. They're lucky i didn't change that M to a B." she said and i laughed.

"What are you gonna do with it?"

"Im donating 10 million towards two boys and girls center in africa, 11 million to each of my kids accounts including Junior and Belle, and the rest, split between you and i."

"Nice." i nodded. I realise that no matter what, my mom is always giving back.

Sooner, she went to sleep since she had 2 hours until her flight and she had to go straight to work.

King however, didn't want to sleep so i ended up watching cartoons with him while he tried to form whatever words he heard.

Couple hours later, i was following my mom to her ride and of course, she had to change outfits. She was now wearing a knee length sundress and a pair of gold heels.

"Call me if you need anything."

"I will." i kissed her cheek. "By King King." i kissed his cheek.

"Ba-bye." he repeated until they were in the car he started whining.

"You okay?" Martinique ask.

"Yeah." i sighed and we walked back up to our dorm, calling it a day.

Martinique and i took a shower together and we laid in bed afterwards at which she explained the lecture that took place today.

I was tired from the day's events so i laid on her and fell asleep soon after. It was the most comfortable I've felt since coming here.

*****

I'm mad bored. I might just make y'all cry.

What y'all think.

Who y'all wanna see more of?
>Nasir and Mercedes
>Reagan and Mason
>Natalia and Martinique

Jaimee suing the university?

Tell me why my dad told my mom that he's 'literally' afraid of her. I laughed so hard cause this is Jaimee and Keyeions ass. 😂😂