Chapter 38: Who??...

March 12 @ 3:23 am
Nasir

"Baby just please." i sniffled. "Do something. I wanna know if you're still here. Please."

I sat at her bedside and cried like the big baby i am. I arrived at the hospital hours ago after hearing that my baby was in a car accident and have been crying ever since.

My car was totaled and in a really bad shape and all i was thinking was that it wasn't an accident. It was on purpose. Nothing just didn't add up. Why her? We didn't know anyone out here apart from our co-workers and we didn't talk to anyone like that. I know my wife enough to know that she doesn't have friends. Alot of women are jealous of her but i know for one that a woman can't destroy a car like that.

Mercedes and i had our own vehicle. Hers needed to fix so i gave her mines to go work and drop the baby off at day care and i took an uber to work. When i got the call that she was here, i thought that it was allergic reaction she had to something she ate at lunch. But when i got here, i was wrong.

Her face and body was bruised, her arm was broken as well as her leg and she had a fractured rib. The impact of the accident even caused both her breast implants to be ruptured and she had to undergo surgery, to take them out. Thinking about it made me cry so bad. It hurts to look at her but i couldn't stop. I hated seeing my baby in this condition.

When i left the hospital to pick up Alaiya from daycare, i went to where the accident took place and broke down even more. They told me that an ATV truck ran into her side twice, allowing the car to flip 3 times before hitting another car and almost falling off the bridge.

The person however, left a note for me and i knew it wasn't accidental but was for a purpose. When i read it, and saw who's name was on it, i knew it was a serious matter and that they could be watching and plotting to hurt anyone of my parents.

Over the years of growing up, my dad told me any and everything about people and things. He told me how he actually grew up, the gangs he was in and why he was still the leader, gave me a more in-depth knowledge of how him and mom met and the things he put her through even while she was pregnant with us.

At this moment, Alaiya was sound asleep in her carseat next to me.

"Fuck baby, s-say something. Do something. I wanna know if you're here please." i cried. I kept checking her heartbeat by placing my ear against her chest. Even though she was hooked up to a machine, i didn't trust it.

"Baby please?" i held onto her hand. My hand was trembling against hers. I was hurting so much. I was scared to lose her. And as grown as i was, i needed my mom.

"Okay." i sniffled and let her hand go so i can calm myself. I wiped my face in my suit jacket before looking back at her. "Okay. If you can hear me, squeeze my hand. It doesn't have to be hard. Just take your time. Just.. Something. Please." i spoke with tears rolling down my eyes.

I made sure my hands weren't trembling, awaiting some sort of movement from her.

10 minutes went by, 30 minutes, an hour...

Still nothing.

I checked her heartbeat again and it was beating. Not normally but was beating faintly. I looked up at the machine and it was showing her heart rate and it seems to be okay.

"Dada." i heard my princess mumble, so i know she must be awake.

"Yes princess?" i sniffled and wiped my face. Picking her up, i held her in my arms at which she latched onto me before falling asleep again.

I held onto my baby's hand again, rubbing my thumb over it softly. I wanted to sleep, but i couldn't. I haven't slept for 3 days because i have this huge project working on and wanted to get done before next month. But i had to put that on pause until my wife is better.