Chapter 32: Say Yes

Next day
Jaimee

"How are you feeling?" Rayshawn ask me.

"My head still hurts a little bit." i ran my hands through his hair.

"You wanna take a pill?"

"No. I'll be fine."

"Are you sure? I want you to be okay." he looked at me.

"I'm positive." i smiled.

It was currently 4 am the next day. Ray was laying between my legs comforting me at which i appreciated it. For the past three years he has been my little comfort but nothing comes close to my husband. I've been calmer, thinking long and moving slow with the things i do since recently. Many would say I'm suppose to move on but i cannot move on from somebody i love.

Ray told me that, to really confirm his death, there should be military workers visiting me to tell me that my husband died. And there was none so I'm definitely not looking forward to that. Everytime the doorbell ring, i get antsy.

When i told Reagan he died, i had no clue what happen after that because i couldn't get to her. However, Mason told me she passed out and i ended up having to fly out for her. I was there for months with her in the hospital. She was broken mentally and emotionally and i had to convince her that everything will be okay. She did well in college after that, except for the fact that she became violent. Reagan got locked up over 30 times for the three years and everytime i had to bail her out. Except for this one time where i was really getting tired of it and i let her stay for 5 whole months. I understand she was hurt but her family was hurting also.

Jacion however, after hearing the news, started turning to pills until Kamilla had to intervene. As for Reign, she was the stronger one. I caught her crying a few times but that was just about it.

Apart from that, life had been going smoothly. I won alot of awards, helped alot of kids and adults and that made me feel better about everything. At this point, i really didn't have any goals set for the new year because I've accomplished them all.

I won't say i was happy, because i wasn't. I have to be putting on fake smiles and pretending i was happy but in reality, i wasn't. This phase of life for me and my family, was very hard but we're getting through it day by day.

"Hm? Hey." Ray said, getting my attention. "That's what's causing your headache mamas." he looked at me.

"I know i can't help it."

"You want some time for yourself?"

I shook my head. "No." i hugged him and exhale. He kissed my neck then my cheek before kissing my lips.

"Can you do me a favor?" he gently pressed his lips on mines.

"Yeah." i mumbled.

"Trust me." he said and i opened my eyes to look at him. "I promise you that everything is gonna be alright. Just trust me. I'll never do no foul shit. And I've proven that to you for 3 years. Have i failed you?"

"No."

"So do you trust me?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I meant what i said."

I pulled his head down and slowly kissed his lips, just as i heard a knock at my door.

"Mom you sleeping? Moooommmm."

I chuckled.

"I'm gonna check on the babies." Ray got up.

"Sure."