Chapter 1: Play Date

Levi's POV

Eren's arms were crossed as he stared out of the window. I could see his cheeks were puffed up and red with anger. I sighed, looking back on the road as we slowly pulled into the park. We were supposed to be here for a play date with some other young kids around. Right now, Eren was too busy pouting about going to the park.

Once I parked the car, he tried his best to stay stuck inside his car seat. When I walked around to get him out, he just stayed in his car seat. Once more, I took a heavy sigh, hearing some children screaming at the park. He's always been like this- no matter what, he didn't like socializing with other kids his age.

"Eren, come on."

"No."

"Please, Eren."

"No."

I sighed, crawling into the back seat and sitting next to him. He continues to pout as I tried to speak to him. "Why not? Eren, this time, it's a lot smaller than the last one. Remember? That one had at least 10 kids. This time, there's at least 3 other kids. It's way smaller. Plus we're gonna share the cupcakes that we both made..."

Eren turned his head, looking at me. The red color in his cheeks remained. "Because they're gonna get bully me and you're gonna get in trouble again."

"Well... I don't mind it. This time, it'll be different, okay?"

"That's what you said last time, Daddy..."

I kissed his forehead, chuckling a bit. "Well... who knows about this time? Come on, let's go out on the park with the cupcakes. If things don't go so well... then... I'll stop taking you to these kinds of stuff, okay? Last time."

Eren nods his head, getting off of his car seat. "Okay..."

"That's my son." I smiled softly, getting out of the car and getting the cupcakes from the passenger seat. "Don't run off yet, okay? I don't want you getting lost right now. Stay close me, Eren."

He nods once more, grabbing my pants and clutching close to me. I chuckled a bit, walking with him in tow towards the park. I apparently parked a little further than I should've been... but it was good enough for Eren. He ran forward, running around on the empty field.

"Um... sir?" I turned around, seeing this tall, brunette woman with this little girl by her side. Her glasses were on her head as she held this piece of paper. "I have to ask... are you here for the play date thing?"

"Yeah- my son's playing out there in the field. Are you a new member?"

The woman nodded her head. "Yeah... we've just recently moved into the area."

I chuckled a bit, walking forward with the cupcakes in hand. "We're somewhat new to this play date thing- but we're not near this area. I had to go out of my way a little bit. I just wanted my son to have some time around some other kids."

The woman chuckle, holding her daughter close. "That's nice to know that we're not the only ones being new here. I'm Hanji- Hanji Zoe."

I went to shake her hand, smiling softly. "I'm Levi Ackerman."

Hanji chuckles softly, tilting her head and pointing at the field. "You said your son was playing out in the field? Uh... I think he's running too far..."

I turned my head, seeing exactly that. I muttered a soft curse under my breath as I handed my cupcakes to Hanji. "Can you please take that to the group? I need to grab my son- he's a troublemaker like that."

"Of course- go and get him. We'll meet you at the play date area."

*   *   *