Chapter 6: Sleep Over!

Hanji's POV

"Mommy! Eren's here! Eren's here!" She says, waving her hands in the air. If she could, she would've been jumping up and down. Unfortunately, we were in this apartment with neighbors above and below- she couldn't have jumped. "Mommy!"

I chuckled, opening up the pizza boxes and walking towards the door. "Okay, okay. Calm down, Iris. Remember, we have neighbors." Opening the door, instantly, a little boy just darts inside the apartment, giggling and racing to Iris. "Hey there, Eren." I chuckled as his father walked inside the apartment with their bag. "Glad you can make it, Levi."

He chuckled a bit, setting the bag down and seeing his son hugging my daughter. "Well... I've never seen him that excited... thanks for hosting this sleepover."

"Iris is extremely excited too- her first sleepover."

"Same thing with Eren." Levi says with a smile, closing the door behind him. "How have you been holding up? Hopefully well."

I nodded my head, giving a soft smile. "As of right now, I'm satisfied. I don't have to worry about Iris meeting her father for another month. And now that she has a friend to be looking forward to every weekday, I'm not that worried to have her playing with other kids."

Levi nodded his head, sitting down at the kitchen chair. Already, Iris and Eren have been sneakily going through the pizza boxes. I guess Levi also joined in with me, because when I glared at the kids, catching them, Eren and Iris had their mouths drop to the floor. It wasn't until the little boy asked nervously, almost shaking a bit.

"C-Can we eat the pizza?"

I chuckled a bit, nodding my head. "Of course. And if your father says yes, I also have some soda. Just don't go too insane with the sugar high. What do you say, Levi? Can Eren have some soda?"

Levi chuckled, running his fingers through his hair with a confused look. "Uh... yeah... he can. But if you can't finish it, I'm drinking it, alright? No wasting soda. And I'm pretty sure you can't finish a whole cup."

Eren cheered happily, saying his thanks to his father before going to eat a pizza slice. I tapped Levi's shoulder, smiling a bit. "You want me to give you a slice? Maybe your own soda?"

"Yeah, it's fine for the slice. Soda... no. I'll have whatever Eren doesn't finish. If he miraculously drinks it all, I'll take the soda. I just want to ensure that his drink is completely finished. You know how kids are- never finishing their food or drinks."

I chuckled, walking over to the pizzas and taking out a slice for me and a slice for Levi. I hand over his slice, chuckling more and more. The little kids were already at their pizza crust, giggling and laughing. I bet they were planning some little, harmless pranks on the adults, based on how mischievous those two were. Ever since I started to watch Eren... I realized that those two were perfectly two peas in a single pod. If I didn't know better, they would've been siblings. Unfortunately, they were not.

"What kind of girl is Iris?"

"Hm?"

Levi took a bite out of his pizza, smiling softly. "With all the kids that I've seen interact with Eren, he's never been this energetic. That's why i asked what kind of girl Iris is."

I chuckled a bit, looking towards the little ones again. "Iris is a mischievous little girl. She acts very like me. Loving to play pranks, always causing trouble around us. I can see why so many of my... friends... used to be afraid for me. I'm so... open and risky. Iris is just like that."

"Is that so?"

"What about Eren?"

Levi rolled his shoulders, chuckling a bit. "Eren's something like that. I mean... he's shy at first, but he's strong. Sometimes, he would play pranks on some of the kids that we save. He wouldn't know how to interact with the kids properly, but once he does... he just plays and plays. Though he does have this... I guess I would say... a strong heart. I try to hide all the bad things in my job... but he still wants to be just like me."