Chapter 32: Paternity Test

Hanji's POV

Of course... there was no doubt...

We filed it down... hoping to get every kid tested. Eren and Iris were... okay with it. It was... a white lie. We told the kids that the bad man was trying to take away their little sister... and man... Eren was very angry about it. He asked for ways to beat up Erwin- but thankfully, Levi tamed his animal side. 

Iris and Eren's DNA was taken and examined- compared against Erwin and Levi's DNA. These tests were meant to set this constant sample when it's used to compare Raven's DNA. We waited for a few days, and I couldn't help but worry. Now that I had given birth, getting stressed wouldn't lead to anything bad with our new baby girl. 

Everything was getting in order. That's all that mattered. A way to finally rid of him. A way of peace. But the gamble that they both took... Levi...

"You need to stop worrying so much..." I turned to Levi, seeing him trying to massage my shoulders. "We both know that the little rat can't claim all three of the kids. Stop worrying so much. Just because you're not pregnant doesn't mean you can go back to stressing."

"But-"

"No, no buts." He says with a smile, kissing my lips. A touch I wouldn't want to miss. I feared it may have been the last. "Go to sleep. Tomorrow, we'll prove the truth. I am the father of little Raven... and I have every right to stay with my fiancee. The right to stay by you. The right to be with our little family. Now, sleep."

He pulled the covers over my body, tucking me in like I was a child. Gently, he takes my glasses and lays them on the bedside table. His warm hand was caressing my cheek as he chuckled softly. "L-Levi..."

"What did I say? Sleep."

I chuckled softly, nodding my head and closing my eyes. Tomorrow... tomorrow the truth would be revealed. Perhaps then, my worries would disappear. The only worries that would continue to linger on my mind would be taking care of the little infant, who we named Raven. From there, Levi would worry about his job and the older two kids. I swear I went to bed with a smile on my face.

*   *   *

"Impossible!" Erwin had shouted, shrouding in anger. "That girl is my daughter!"

The one giving us the results of the test shook her head. "I'm afraid... that isn't the case. We compared Raven's DNA to her half siblings, which she shared half of her DNA with Eren's. Unless you had fathered Eren, Raven is rightfully Levi's daughter. The only child you have fathered was Iris."

There were glares being shot from Erwin to Levi. Glares of anger. But I know that Levi was hiding a smirk. Now that everything was settled... Erwin was legally unable to get into contact with me or his daughter. No. Iris isn't Erwin's daughter... she's Levi's. Levi was the only one who treated her like a true daughter... the only father to do that to her. I... I was just lucky...

This paternity test... it... it saved us.